Baylor Men's Tennis Opens Fall Season at TCU Invitational

Calderone, Max Max_Calderone at baylor.edu
Thu Oct 15 17:39:52 CDT 2020

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – October 15, 2020

MT Opens Fall Season at TCU Invitational
Bears return to the court for the first time since March 7

WACO, Texas – Baylor men’s tennis will open its 2020 fall season at the TCU Invitational this weekend, with four Bears set to compete in singles and doubles action from Friday, Oct. 16 to Sunday, Oct. 18 at Bayard H. Friedman Tennis Center in Fort Worth.

Finn Bass, Charlie Broom, Sebastian Nothhaft and Nick Stachowiak will represent BU at the tournament. The Baylor quartet will be joined by student-athletes from Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas A&M, and host TCU.

“We are excited about heading to the TCU Invitational this weekend,” said interim head coach Michael Woodson. “Our student-athletes have been putting in a lot of great work to prepare for this opportunity and I know they are ready to compete alongside each other for the first time this fall.”

This will be the first collegiate action for the Bears since March 7 at Arizona State, when the 2019-20 season was halted due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Four Bears were ranked at the end of the year: No. 35 Sven Lah, No. 57 Adrian Boitan, No. 66 Matias Soto and No. 82 Constantin Frantzen, while Stachowiak and Broom checked in at No. 107 and 108, respectively before transferring to Baylor.

“We are most thankful for our trainers and medical professionals who have worked so diligently to keep everyone involved with our program safe. We wouldn’t be competing this weekend without them,” said Woodson. “I’m confident our young men will represent Baylor with class and make everyone that pours into them daily proud.”

Doubles play is set to begin at 11:00 a.m. on Friday with singles action to follow.

For the latest news on the Baylor men's tennis team all season long, follow their official Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts: @BaylorMTennis.

Max Calderone | Associate Director of Athletics Communications (VB, MTEN, EQ)
O: TBD | C: 254-265-1639

[cid:image001.png at 01D6A31A.2F49EF20]<http://baylorbears.com/>