Baylor Men’s Tennis Inks Two on National Signing Day

Calderone, Max Max_Calderone at baylor.edu
Wed Nov 11 14:58:35 CST 2020

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – November 11, 2020

Men’s Tennis Inks Two on National Signing Day
Bears add two freshmen from Naples, Fla. and Pittsburgh, Pa. for 2021-22 season

WACO, Texas – Baylor men’s tennis interim head coach Michael Woodson announced the signings of Justin Braverman and Ethan Muza to the 2021 fall roster on Wednesday.

Both newcomers will join the team at the conclusion of the upcoming spring season.

Braverman comes to Baylor from Naples, Fla., out of the Community School of Naples. A previous state runner-up, the lefty stands 6-foot-4 and will bring an “infectious energy and work ethic” to the program.

“We are excited to have Justin joining us next fall,” said Woodson. “We believe that the culture we are establishing here at Baylor will bring out his best tennis as he becomes ingrained in what we are doing both on and off the court.”

Rated a four-star recruit by TennisRecruiting.net, Braverman was ranked as high as No. 112 in the nation in the high school class of 2020.

Also signing with the Bears is Muza, a native of Pittsburgh, Pa. Like Braverman, Muza has trained at Gomez Tennis Academy in Naples, sharpening his notable speed and defensive skills on the court.

“Our staff is fired up to have Ethan joining us in 2021,” said Woodson. “He is a fearless competitor that puts himself in positions to grow and improve each day. The skills he possesses are things you don’t see come around very often, and as he begins to transition to the college game, he will be a tough out for the Bears.”

Muza is ranked as the No. 83 player in his class, according to TennisRecruiting.net. He carries a career-high ITF Juniors ranking of No. 1068 and a junior UTR ranking of No. 68.

The duo will add to a BU program that has won 13 Big 12 Conference regular season titles and nine tournament crowns over the 24-year history of the league.

For the latest news on the Baylor men's tennis team all season long, follow their official Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts: @BaylorMTennis.

Max Calderone | Associate Director of Athletics Communications (VB, MTEN, EQ)