BAYLOR A&T: No. 1 Bears Remain Undefeated with Big Home Win Over No. 5 Gannon

Caton, Rachel Rachel_Caton at baylor.edu
Tue Mar 3 20:40:29 CST 2020

BAYLOR ATHLETIC COMMUNICATIONS – March 3, 2020

NO. 1 A&T REMAINS UNDEFEATED WITH BIG HOME WIN OVER NO. 5 GANNON
The Bears had season-high scores in 13 different events.
For more information contact: Rachel Caton, (254) 652-2061, Rachel_Caton at baylor.edu<mailto:Rachel_Caton at baylor.edu>

WACO, TX – The No. 1-ranked Bears remain undefeated as they improve to 4-0 after defeating fifth-ranked Gannon University, 290.650 – 280.665 on Tuesday night in the Ferrell Center.

The Bears scored a season-high total of 290.650 on the day, led by the first perfect 10 of the season from true freshman tumbler, Tori Harris<https://baylorbears.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=9780> and 13 season-high scores.

Baylor started hot, scoring 39.10 in the compulsory event. All four heats of the event were season-high scores of 9.75 in acro, 9.95 in pyramid, 9.95 in toss, and 9.45 in tumbling.

After the acro event, Baylor kept its lead, scoring 9.95 in the fifth element, 9.85 in the sixth element, 9.90 in the seventh element for a total of 29.70. The Bears broke season highs in the fifth and sixth elements.

In pyramid, the Bears kept their strong lead by outscoring the Knights, 29.60 to 28.85. Baylor stayed on top with a total meet score of 98.40 to 96.70, heading into the half.

The Bears held on taking the toss event from the Knights, scoring 9.80 in 450 salto, 9.60 in synchronized, and 9.80 in open.

Baylor dominated the tumbling event, scoring five new season-high scores in six heats including a 10.00 in the open pass from Harris. The Bears scored 9.750 in trio pass, 9.650 in the quad pass, 9.975 in aerial pass, 9.975 in 6 element, and 10.00 in the open pass. Overall, the Bears scored 58.900 to take the 186.500 to 181.425 lead heading into the team event.

The Bears put up another season-high score of 104.150 in the team event to close out of the win against the Knights.

QUOTE OF THE DAY – Coach Mulkey
On Baylor's 13 season-high scores...
"It feels really good. We worked on cleaning up some little things. We are finding our feet now and the exciting thing is that we have so much room for improvement, so many more things we can put out there. So, we are excited about today and can't wait to see what we can do at the next meet."

NEXT UP
The Bears head to Clinton, SC to take on Presbyterian College/St. Leo University on Monday, Mar. 9 at 7 p.m. CT.

Baylor will head back to the Ferrell Center on Saturday, Mar. 28 at 5 p.m. CT to host Azusa Pacific University in the last home meet of the season.

-baylorbears.com-

Rachel Caton | Associate Sports Information Director

[cid:image001.png at 01D5070F.1E7C3CA0]<http://baylorbears.com/>