Baylor MBB To Pause Program Activities Due to COVID-19

Kaye, David David_Kaye at baylor.edu
Sat Dec 12 16:30:13 CST 2020

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – Dec. 12, 2020

Baylor MBB To Pause Program Activities Due to COVID-19
Sunday game vs. Texas and Tuesday vs. Tarleton State both postponed
For more information contact: David Kaye, 254-709-5147, David_Kaye at baylor.edu<mailto:David_Kaye at baylor.edu>

WACO, Texas – The Baylor men’s basketball program will pause team activities as a result of COVID-19 protocols, head coach Scott Drew announced Saturday.

The No. 2-ranked Bears were scheduled to host No. 13 Texas Sunday and Tarleton State Tuesday at the Ferrell Center. Both games have been postponed and could be rescheduled at a later date. The status of Baylor’s Dec. 19 game at Kansas State is to be determined.

“This is a disappointing time for everyone involved with our program, but we will always prioritize the health and safety of our student-athletes,” Drew said. “The Big 12 Conference prepared for this possibility by leaving the final week of the regular season open, and we look forward to hosting Texas at a later date. Our program will return to competition as soon as we can do so safely.”

Fans with tickets to postponed games can use those tickets for make-up games when those contests are rescheduled.

The Bears are ranked No. 2 nationally after starting the season 4-0 with double-digit wins in all four games, including an 82-69 victory over No. 5 Illinois in the Jimmy V Classic, and wins by at least 30 points against Washington, SFA and Louisiana-Lafayette.

Follow @BaylorMBB on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook for updates throughout the year.

BAYLOR MBB 2020-21 UPDATED HOME SCHEDULE
Dec. 9 – Baylor 83, SFA 52
Dec. 21 – UAPB (7 pm)
Dec. 29 – Central Arkansas (3 pm)
Jan. 6 – Oklahoma*
Jan. 12 – West Virginia*
Jan. 18 – Kansas*
Jan. 27 – Kansas State*
Jan. 30 – Auburn*
Feb. 6 – TCU*
Feb. 13 – Texas Tech*
Feb. 20 – Oklahoma State*
Feb. 23 – Iowa State*
TBD – vs. Texas (rescheduled from Dec. 13)
TBD – vs. Tarleton State (rescheduled from Dec. 15)

* - Games without tipoff times listed are to be determined. ESPN and the Big 12 Conference will announce game times on a week-to-week basis throughout the 2020-21 season.

David Kaye | Assistant AD for Communications