Revised WT Release: Baylor WT Adds Italian Transfer, Ziodato, Eligible this Spring

Robarts, Kyle Kyle_Robarts at baylor.edu
Tue Dec 8 13:03:24 CST 2020

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – December 8, 2020

Baylor WT Adds Italian Transfer, Ziodato, Eligible this Spring
Bears roster swells to 10 players
For more information contact: Kyle Robarts, 254-405-9492, Kyle_Robarts at baylor.edu<mailto:Kyle_Robarts at baylor.edu>

WACO, Texas. – Baylor Head Women’s Tennis Coach Joey Scrivano announced Tuesday the signing of Italian Sara Ziodato. A Trieste, Italy native, Ziodato will be eligible immediately for the Bears and comes to Waco as a freshman after graduating high school in July.

Ziodato’s addition pushes the Baylor roster to 10 players for the spring. She carries a UTR rating of 10.50 with a career-high of 11.60. She has been active in the ITF and WTA circuits, with an ITF ranking of 1237 and an Italian ranking of 2.3. Ziodato has competed in Wimbledon and Roland Garros as an ITF Junior.

“We are very excited to have Sara join the Baylor family. She is a determined and mature young lady,” said Scrivano. “She is committed to the process, she possesses strong intangibles and has a very high ceiling. She’s a great fit for our program and has a bright future at Baylor.

“She understands the developmental process, but she is also prepared to come in and make an immediate impact. She will be a welcome addition to our team.”

Ziodato graduated from Istituto Scolastico Magnum and will be on campus in early January. The Bears kick off the season at home Jan. 16 vs. McNeese State.

www.BaylorBears.com

Kyle Robarts | Associate Director, Athletics Communications (WBB, WTEN)

[cid:image001.png at 01D5070F.1E7C3CA0]<http://baylorbears.com/>