Baylor XC: Satterlee, Sugg Lead Bears at Texas A&M Meet

Coleman, Kellen Kellen_Coleman at baylor.edu
Sat Oct 19 14:06:38 CDT 2019

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – October 19, 2019

Baylor XC: Satterlee, Sugg Lead Bears at Texas A&M Meet
Women’s team places 12th, men finish 22nd in final Big 12 tune-up

For more information contact: Kellen Coleman, 254-749-6507, Kellen_Coleman at baylor.edu<mailto:Kellen_Coleman at baylor.edu>

*COMPLETE RESULTS ATTACHED*

WACO, Texas – Gabby Satterlee and TJ Sugg set the pace for Baylor cross country as the Bears completed their final tune-up before the conference championships Saturday morning at the Arturo Barrios Invitational in College Station.

In Baylor’s second meet of the season at Dale Watts Cross Country Course on the campus of Texas A&M, Satterlee stepped into the Bears’ top spot in the women’s 6,000-meter race with a time of 21:36.5 to place 42nd and help the team finish 12th. Celia Holmes continued her strong middle of the season with a personal-best 6K time of 21:50.5 to take 51st. Coming back from an illness, Lindsay Walton placed 69th with a personal-best 6K of 22:00.0, followed by Sarah Antrich in 98th with a time of 22:23.4 in her first race of the season. Hana Marsheck completed the Baylor scoring in 118th, running a personal-best 22:32.2.

“On the ladies’ side, I thought they did a really good job racing,” Baylor associate head coach Jon Capron said. “I think Lindsay is getting close, but not quite there yet. She’ll get there at the right time. I’m excited that Gabby was able to step up into that spot. Celia ran well, too. The fact that we’ve had different people in the front over the course of this season is going to help out later.

“Having Sarah is going to be huge. We missed Haley (Everroad). I think she’s going to be in a good group during the conference meet. Mazie (Larsen) did a good job getting in there, and Hana did a good job closing that out. Having Sophia (Leidner) and Chloe (Gangnath) back there as a pack is going to be huge going forward.”

In the men’s 8,000-meter race, TJ Sugg led Baylor for the third-consecutive meet with a time of 25:01.6 to finish 59th. The Bears’ Nos. 2-5 runners each recorded personal-best 8K performances to help the team to a 22nd-place finish. Connor Laktasic was 70th at 25:09.6, Ryan Day was 98th (25:31.2), Cal Johnston was 134th (26:03.9), and Philip Roxas was 147th (26:14.7).

“On the guys’ side, I’m pleased with Ryan Day stepping up to that gap behind the front two,” Capron said. “We weren’t really pleased with the results because we were missing a couple people. We’re not too disappointed with the way they went out there and raced, just not quite the results we wanted. We would have been a lot happier about the race results had Ryan Hodge been there. But we’ll get there.

“I think it’s going to be a pretty good jumping off point for the conference race. It’s hard to really extrapolate, sometimes. With fast races, you are maybe happy with the times but not the results, and then there are slow races when you’re happy with the places but not happy with the times. I think we’re still in a good place with the conference meet coming up.”

Baylor will host the 2019 Big 12 Championship on Nov. 2 at Cottonwood Creek Golf Course in Waco, Texas.

For updates on Baylor cross country throughout the season, follow @BaylorTrack on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

Baylor Men's Results
59. TJ Sugg - 25:01.6
70. Connor Laktasic - 25:09.6
98. Ryan Day - 25:31.2
134. Cal Johnston - 26:03.9
147. Philip Roxas - 26:14.7
164. J.B. Sandlund – 26:26.0
166. Matt Henderson – 26:29.3
188. Kade Hulett - 27:07.6
192. Jeremy Meadows - 27:09.6
220. Carson Yarbrough - 28:27.8
226. Jake Merrell - 29:29.6

Baylor Women's Results
42. Gabby Satterlee – 21:36.5
51. Celia Holmes – 21:50.5
69. Lindsay Walton – 22:00.0
98. Sarah Antrich – 22:23.4
118. Hana Marsheck – 22:32.2
122. Mazie Larsen – 22:35.5
130. Chloe Gangnath – 22:43.9
135. Sophia Leidner – 22:49.9
172. Isabella Lackner – 23:29.3
178. Lauryn Simons – 23:35.7
185. Lauren Ammons – 23:41.9
205. Jamie Holodak – 24:14.3
208. Ava Miller – 24:19.1
212. Brooke Bonadies – 24:32.8

Kellen Coleman | Associate Director of Communications

 [/var/folders/pf/02zg9swd0fz7qy7f5nkl4mymsr0bxx/T/com.microsoft.Outlook/WebArchiveCopyPasteTempFiles/cidimage004.png at 01D50713.9CE40560] <http://baylorbears.com/>