Baylor XC Heads to Texas A&M for Arturo Barrios Invitational

Coleman, Kellen Kellen_Coleman at baylor.edu
Thu Oct 17 15:09:05 CDT 2019

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – October 17, 2019

Baylor XC Heads to Texas A&M for Arturo Barrios Invitational
Men’s 8K will begin Saturday at 9 a.m. CT, followed by the women’s 6K at 9:45 a.m. CT.

For more information contact: Kellen Coleman, 254-749-6507, Kellen_Coleman at baylor.edu<mailto:Kellen_Coleman at baylor.edu>

WACO, Texas – In the final meet before hosting the 2019 Big 12 Championship, Baylor cross country heads down Highway 6 to compete in the Arturo Barrios Invitational Saturday at Dale Watts Cross Country Course in College Station.

“I’m excited to get to see where we’re at against another deep regional field,” Baylor associate head coach Jon Capron said. “This is going to be a really good field for us. I’m excited to see where we stack up. Additionally, I’m really excited to go back to a course that we know to be able to compare early season to middle season to see the progress we’ve made and prove to our athletes that we have made progress and that we are better than we were when we started.”

The men’s race at Texas A&M will cover 8,000 meters, while the women’s race will be 6,000 meters. The field will feature a combined 35 ranked teams (18 men, 17 women), including the Bears who are ranked 11th (men’s) and sixth (women’s) regionally.

“If you want to run at Big 12s, you should be running this weekend,” Capron said. “That’s how you’re going to earn your spot. I reserve the right to throw somebody in there that maybe didn’t run like they should have because I think they have the capacity to help out at a pretty high level. I anticipate us being close to full strength on both sides.”

In addition to the return of Lindsay Walton after missing the previous meet due to illness, Sarah Antrich is expected to make her season debut this weekend for Baylor. With a good stretch of training under their belts, the Bears are looking to take the next step in preparing for the conference meet.

“We have athletes on both the men’s and women’s teams who have been close,” Capron said. “They’ve had great workouts so far but haven’t had the race to match it yet. I’m kind of looking to get the race to match the workouts and see them get some results for their efforts.”

The men’s 8K will get things started Saturday at 9 a.m. CT, followed by the women’s 6K at 9:45 a.m. CT. Live results will be available at www.flashresults.com<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.flashresults.com&data=01%7C01%7Ckellen_coleman%40baylor.edu%7Cc9caf22508dd4255073108d7519787d3%7C22d2fb35256a459bbcf4dc23d42dc0a4%7C0&sdata=seoCYfW8RGPdAmrwSf0esCOhzz4q9qTvtuK5GYsXu%2Fs%3D&reserved=0>, which will have split data and team scoring as the races are underway.

For updates on Baylor cross country throughout the season, follow @BaylorTrack on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

Kellen Coleman | Associate Director of Communications

 [/var/folders/pf/02zg9swd0fz7qy7f5nkl4mymsr0bxx/T/com.microsoft.Outlook/WebArchiveCopyPasteTempFiles/cidimage004.png at 01D50713.9CE40560] <http://baylorbears.com/>