Baylor Track & Field Signs Five to 2020 Recruiting Class

Coleman, Kellen Kellen_Coleman at baylor.edu
Tue Nov 26 14:30:13 CST 2019

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – November 26, 2019

Baylor Track & Field Signs Five to 2020 Recruiting Class
The class features two student-athletes ranked in the top six nationally in their respective events.

For more information contact: Kellen Coleman, 254-749-6507, Kellen_Coleman at baylor.edu<mailto:Kellen_Coleman at baylor.edu>

WACO, Texas – Baylor track & field has its first five signees of the 2020 recruiting class, head coach Todd Harbour announced Tuesday.

“We are very excited to add this group of five outstanding student athletes to the Baylor family,” Harbour said. “One of our biggest needs on both sides this fall going into the recruiting season was to add some depth to our sprint group. Coach (Michael) Ford and Coach (Benjamin) Dalton worked hard to address this area, and this group most certainly does this.”

The class features three women and two men, including two ranked in the top six nationally in their respective events.

Dillon Bedell comes to Baylor from Lancaster, Texas, where he was the 2019 UIL 5A State Champion and the 2019 Region 2-5A Champion in the 400 meters. The Lancaster High School product ranked third in Texas in the Class of 2020 and has a personal best of 47.42 in the 400.

“Dillon will add depth in the 400m and 4x4,” Ford said. “He’s an awesome young man and has a great family. I am looking forward to developing him in the 400.”

Bria Bullard will boost the Baylor sprint crew as she ranks No. 2 in Texas in the 100 meters and No. 3 in the state in the 200 meters according to MileSplit. The Melissa, Texas, native placed third in the 100 and second in the 200 at the 2019 Texas UIL 4A state meet. She holds personal bests of 11.57 in the 100 and 23.95 in the 200.

“I love Bria’s energy,” Ford said. “She will help our short sprint group in the 100m-200m and the relays. I’m looking forward to coaching her.”

From Park Hill South High School in Kansas City, Mo., Chris Dupree gives Baylor the No. 5 quartermiler in the nation according to MileSplit. Dupree was the 2018 runner-up in the 400 meters in Class 5 at the Missouri state meet, and finished ranked 10th nationally in 2019. His personal best in the 400 is 46.57.

“Chris is a great young man,” Ford said. “He will be a part of our 400m tradition. I think Chris has a big upside in the 400m. He will definitely help us in the 400m and 4x4.”

Cierra Wash brings a championship pedigree to the Bears’ 400 group. A member of the 2019 UIL 6A State Championship 4x400-meter relay at DeSoto High School, Wash ranked second in Texas and 13th nationally in the Class of 2020 in the 400 according to MileSplit. She was the 2019 USATF runner-up in the 400m and placed third in the 400 at the 2019 Texas UIL 6A state meet. Wash holds personal bests of 53.76 in the 400 and 24.49 in the 200.

“It’s great to have one of the top 400m runners in Texas come to Baylor,” Ford said. “Cierra will help us in the 200m-400m and the 4x4. We have had great success with DeSoto High School student-athletes like Diamond Richardson and Skylar White.”

A two-time Colorado state champion in the 400 meters (2018, 2019), Lily Williams is ranked No. 6 in the nation in the Class of 2020 in the 400 according to MileSplit. The Grandview High School product was also the 2019 runner-up in the 800 meters at the Colorado state meet. Williams has recorded personal bests of 53.63 in the 400 and 2:09.10 in the 800.

“Lily is an awesome young lady, on and off the track,” Ford said. “She will definitely help us in the 400m, 4x4 and possibly 600 yds.”

The Bears will continue to build upon their 2020 signing class in the coming months.

“Our recruiting for the 2020 class is not finished,” Harbour added. “We still have several areas to address, but this is a great start.”

For continued updates on the Class of 2020 and the Baylor Track & Field team, follow the team's social media accounts all season long: @BaylorTrack.

Kellen Coleman | Associate Director of Communications

 [/var/folders/pf/02zg9swd0fz7qy7f5nkl4mymsr0bxx/T/com.microsoft.Outlook/WebArchiveCopyPasteTempFiles/cidimage004.png at 01D50713.9CE40560] <http://baylorbears.com/>