BAYLOR A&T: Cowan to Join A&T Coaching Staff

Caton, Rachel Rachel_Caton at baylor.edu
Fri May 31 16:10:56 CDT 2019

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – May 31, 2019

COWAN TO JOIN A&T COACHING STAFF
Head coach Felecia Mulkey announces the addition of NCATA All-American Cowan to her staff.
For more information contact: Rachel Caton, 254-652-2061, Rachel_Caton at baylor.edu<mailto:Rachel_Caton at baylor.edu>

WACO, Texas – Baylor acrobatics and tumbling head coach Felecia Mulkey announces the addition of Baylor alum and former NCATA All-American Kaelyn Cowan as an addition to her staff as an assistant coach, it was announced on Friday.

Cowan, a 2017 graduate of Baylor, has spent the last two years as the first head acrobatics and tumbling coach at Limestone College, helping the Saints to a 6-2 record in their first season of competition in 2019.

On the addition of Cowan to her staff, Mulkey said, “I am thrilled to have Kaelyn back at Baylor and on our staff.  Her knowledge and experience as a gymnast and an acro student-athlete will be a huge asset to our program. I know she will be an amazing coach, but more importantly,  she knows and loves our program philosophy and believes in the Baylor University mission.  I can’t wait to have her on campus.”

On returning to her alma mater, Cowan said, “I am so excited to be a Baylor Bear again, and to have the opportunity to coach at the place I have always called home. I look forward to learning and growing throughout this experience, and working with a championship program and some of the best athletes in the country.”

Cowan will join assistant coach Kelsey Rowell on Mulkey’s staff.

Cowan took over at Limestone College after spending time as an assistant acrobatics & tumbling coach at West Virginia Wesleyan College in Buckhannon, W. Va. During her short stint with the Bobcats, she helped with recruiting, fundraising, the organization of clinics, and was in charge of coaching the tumblers.

Prior to her time at West Virginia Wesleyan, the Hewitt, Texas native spent four years with Baylor University where she earned consecutive National Collegiate Acrobatics & Tumbling Association (NCATA) All-American honors in 2016 and 2017.

She helped lead the Baylor Bears to back-to-back-to-back NCATA National Championships from 2015-17. Cowan, a Baylor University Scholar Athlete, was a four-time First-Team Academic All-Big 12 honoree, and was named to the Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll and to the Dean's List.

Along with her acrobatics & tumbling experience, Cowan was a competitive team coach at Zero Gravity Gymnastics Academy in Waco, Texas and is currently a USA Women's Gymnastics Level 1-9 judge.

Cowan obtained her bachelor's degree in Corporate Communication from Baylor in May 2017 and is currently working towards a Masters of Communication Studies from West Virginia University.

-baylorbears.com-

Rachel Caton | Associate Sports Information Director

[cid:image001.png at 01D5070F.1E7C3CA0]<http://baylorbears.com/>