Baylor Track & Field: Women’s 4x800-Meter Relay Wins in Austin

Coleman, Kellen Kellen_Coleman at baylor.edu
Sat Mar 30 19:27:28 CDT 2019

Baylor Track & Field: Women’s 4x800-Meter Relay Wins in Austin
Time of 8:41.66 ranks as the eighth-best performance in school history.

For more information contact: Kellen Coleman, 254-749-6507, Kellen_Coleman at baylor.edu<mailto:Kellen_Coleman at baylor.edu>

*COMPLETE RESULTS ATTACHED*

AUSTIN, Texas – Baylor took home the victory in the women’s 4x800-meter relay to highlight the final day at the Clyde Littlefield Texas Relays Saturday at Mike A. Myers Stadium & Soccer Field.

The Bears’ 4x800 team of Alison Andrews-Paul, Leti De Souza, Morgan Stewart and Aaliyah Miller clocked a time of 8:41.66 to win the race and enter the Baylor all-time performances list in the No. 8 spot.

“We closed off a good weekend,” head coach Todd Harbour said. “We had some good, solid relays today. The 4x1s ran well. The 4x4s, both of those teams did a really good job. 4x8, it was nice to come off with a win on that one.”

Both the men’s and women’s 4x400-meter relays placed fourth, with the men recording a time of 3:05.83 and the women posting a time of 3:36.14.

In the men’s pole vault university elite, KC Lightfoot placed third with a jump of 17-10.5.

“KC had a good day,” Harbour said. “The pole vaulters had to battle through some tough conditions in that wind. That was rough. He was not happy of course with the bar but it was an elite field in some tough conditions. Third in that kind of field is still a very solid accomplishment for a freshman.”

Maxwell Willis placed third in the men’s 200 meters invitational, registering a time of 20.88.

“I thought Maxwell’s 200 was solid, Harbour said. “Good day for him. It was nice to see him get a good race in. The 4x2s both did a good job. I thought we had a good, solid day, especially coming off of last night. Nice to get a win in the 4x8. We’re healthy, and I think we had a good weekend overall.”

Friday night at the Stanford Invitational, freshman Kayla Windemuller ran her first 5K and recorded a time of 16:38.50 to finish 19th.

“Kayla opened up last night out there at Stanford,” Harbour said. “Good debut for her. It was the first time to ever run a 5K for her, so we were very tickled.”

Baylor is back in action Saturday, April 6, as the Bears head to College Station for the Reveille Invitational.

For continued updates on the Baylor Track & Field team, follow the team's social media accounts all season long: @BaylorTrack.

Kellen Coleman | Associate Director of Communications

[cid:image001.png at 01D3A0F8.B3ECA3C0]<http://www.baylorbears.com/>