Baylor Track & Field Records Three Wins in College Station

Coleman, Kellen Kellen_Coleman at baylor.edu
Sun Apr 7 00:05:34 CDT 2019

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – April 7, 2019

Baylor Track & Field Registers Three Wins in College Station
Tuesdi Tidwell recorded an outdoor personal-best pole vault of 13-11.75.

For more information contact: Kellen Coleman, 254-749-6507, Kellen_Coleman at baylor.edu<mailto:Kellen_Coleman at baylor.edu>

COLLEGE STATION, Texas – After a three-hour weather delay, Baylor track & field recorded three event victories Saturday as Texas A&M opened up the new E.B. Cushing Stadium with “The Reveille.”

“It was good to come out of this meet healthy,” head coach Todd Harbour said. “When you have a three-hour rain delay, that’s tough. We got some good work in, and had a few Ws.”

Tuesdi Tidwell got things started for the Bears, winning the women’s pole vault with an outdoor personal-best jump of 13-11.75.

“That was a big win for Tuesdi,” Harbour said. “To get an outdoor PB in those tough weather conditions was very impressive.”

In the men’s 200 meters, Maxwell Willis took home the victory with a time of 21.11.

“Maxwell had an outstanding 200,” Harbour said. “It was a good win for him.”

Leti De Souza had an impressive win in the women’s 800 meters, making up significant ground on the second lap and running away with the victory in a time of 2:07.39.

“It’s always nice when you get a few wins,” Harbour said. “This is a good quality field. We’re very pleased that we were able to get it in. There for a while, we didn’t think we were going to get it in. We’re glad that we waited around. It was another good stepping stone for us.”

The Bears closed out the meet with a solid men’s 4x400-meter relay in Wil London’s return to the track. Sophomore Howard Fields III ran the anchor leg as he, London, Jayson Baldridge and Caleb Dickson placed second in 3:04.86.

“That was an outstanding finish to the meet by the men’s 4x4,” Harbour said. “We were very pleased with their performance.”

It was a solid day for the Baylor throwers, highlighted by Megan SaxvanderWeyden taking second place in the women’s javelin with a throw of 158-4 and Cole Hardan placing third in the men’s shot put with a personal best throw of 58-3.

The Bears are off next weekend before returning home to host the Michael Johnson Invitational April 19-20 at Clyde Hart Track & Field Stadium.

For continued updates on the Baylor Track & Field team, follow the team's social media accounts all season long: @BaylorTrack.

Kellen Coleman | Associate Director of Communications

[cid:image001.png at 01D3A0F8.B3ECA3C0]<http://www.baylorbears.com/>