Baylor Men’s Basketball Signs Jordan Turner

Kaye, David David_Kaye at baylor.edu
Fri Nov 16 17:59:16 CST 2018

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – Nov. 16, 2018

Baylor Men’s Basketball Signs Jordan Turner
6-foot-7 forward prospect is first member of Baylor’s 2019 signing class
For more information contact: David Kaye, 254-709-5147, David_Kaye at baylor.edu<mailto:David_Kaye at baylor.edu>

WACO, Texas – Baylor men’s basketball has signed Jordan Turner to a National Letter of Intent, head coach Scott Drew announced Friday.

“Jordan is a tremendous young man who will be a great fit in our program both on and off the court,” Drew said. “His size and athleticism make him a great fit in today’s positionless basketball. He has a chance to be a special player, and we’re really excited to bring him into the Baylor Family.”

A 6-foot-7, 180-pound forward, ESPN ranks Turner the No. 11 recruit in the state of Texas and No. 24 nationally at the small forward position.

A Houston native, Turner is playing his senior season at Sunrise Christian Academy in Bel Aire, Kansas. He transferred to Sunrise after previously attending Global Learning Village in Houston.

“Jordan Turner is one of the most improved players I’ve ever coached at SCA,” Sunrise Christian head coach Luke Barnwell said. “He is primed to have a phenomenal senior year for us, and he will be a guy that continues to develop into a high-level prospect. I’m proud of the urgency he has had this year, and we are so blessed to have him at Sunrise. I think Baylor will soon feel the same way when he is on campus!”

Turner is the first member of Baylor’s 2019 signing class. He’ll enroll in the summer of 2019 and will have four years of eligibility. Turner will join fellow newcomers MaCio Teague and Davion Mitchell, who are practicing with the Bears while they sit out this season after transferring from UNC Asheville and Auburn, respectively.

Baylor is off to a 3-1 start to the season after Friday’s 81-54 win over Nicholls State. The Bears next head to Niceville, Fla., for the Emerald Coast Classic, where they’ll face Ole Miss on Nov. 23 and either Cincinnati or George Mason on Nov. 24.

Follow @BaylorMBB on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook for additional updates.

David Kaye | Assistant AD for Communications

[/Users/david_kaye/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Caches/Signatures/signature_2005512596]<http://www.baylorbears.com/>