Baylor Athletics Welcomes Erica Schilling as Associate AD and Athletics Chief of Staff

Kaye, David David_Kaye at baylor.edu
Mon Nov 5 14:13:54 CST 2018

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – Nov. 5, 2018

Baylor Athletics Welcomes Erica Schilling as Associate AD and Athletics Chief of Staff

Schilling joins Bears from Kansas State Athletic Development

For more information contact: David Kaye, 254-709-5147, David_Kaye at baylor.edu<mailto:David_Kaye at baylor.edu>

WACO, Texas – Baylor University Vice President and Director of Intercollegiate Athletics Mack Rhoades announced Monday the addition of Erica Schilling as Associate Athletics Director/Athletics Chief of Staff. Schilling will join the Baylor athletics department on Nov. 12 after spending the past year at Kansas State.

“We are incredibly excited Erica is joining our team,”Rhoades said. “She is extremely talented in many ways and she and Cody are a terrific addition to our family. I am confident her unique experiences and perspective will help guide us in the fulfillment and execution of our ongoing efforts to Prepare Champions for Life.”

Schilling will join the senior administration and assist in strategic planning and decision making for the department, while also providing administrative support for the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics and senior team. She will also serve as the executive liaison with department staff, campus groups, Board of Regents, athletics donors and other constituents.

Additionally, Schilling will oversee human resources, directing departmental hiring and evaluation processes and provide leadership and communication relating to personnel matters. She will also coordinate the agenda and action plan for the executive, leadership and senior staff meetings.

“The Baylor family is fantastic, and I am beyond grateful and excited for this opportunity,” Schilling said. The number of high caliber people at this University and in this community is unbelievable and I cannot say enough about how well I’ve been treated throughout this welcoming process. Cody and I have had some incredible influences in our lives, and we are excited for the opportunities and friendships that this new experience will provide.”

Schilling received a bachelor of business administration from University of South Dakota in 2010. She began her career as a senior sales representative for Kraft Foods, and she later served as a financial services representative at Principal Financial.

Schilling transitioned to collegiate athletics in December 2014 when she joined the University of South Dakota Foundation as assistant athletic director, where she planned and implemented fundraising strategies in collaboration with the athletic department.

Three years later, Schilling joined K-State as associate director of the athletic department, where she managed a large portfolio of major gifts and annual fund prospects. She was responsible for identifying, cultivating and soliciting new and current prospects for gifts toward the Ahearn Fund and K-State Athletics.

A Huron, South Dakota, native, Schilling is married to Mount Marty College head men’s basketball coach Cody Schilling. Cody was a four-year letterwinner and started 114 games for the Augustana University men’s basketball team from 2008-09 through 2011-12.

www.BaylorBears.com<http://www.BaylorBears.com>

David Kaye  | Assistant AD for Communications