[BAYLOR FOOTBALL] Baylor FB Promotes Collins to Outside Linebackers Coach

Kaye, David David_Kaye at baylor.edu
Sat Nov 27 17:11:29 CST 2021

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – Nov. 27, 2021

Baylor FB Promotes Collins to Outside Linebackers Coach
Caleb Collins moves from defensive quality control to full-time position coach
For more information contact: David Kaye, 254-709-5147, David_Kaye at Baylor.edu<mailto:David_Kaye at Baylor.edu>

WACO, Texas – Baylor head football coach Dave Aranda announced Saturday the promotion of defensive quality control coach Caleb Collins to outside linebackers coach.

“I am proud to be able to promote Caleb to his new on-field role within our program,” Aranda said. “I have had the opportunity to work closely with Caleb over the course of the past four years. He has a tremendous work ethic, a great working knowledge of our philosophy on and off the field, and the strength of character we want in our coaching staff.”

Collins joined the Baylor staff in June 2020 following three seasons at LSU in a similar capacity. He served as a graduate assistant on defense during the 2018 season working under Aranda with the inside linebackers. He was promoted to the role of analyst for the 2019 season as LSU won a National Championship.

In two seasons in Waco, Collins has contributed to BU’s success on the defensive side of the ball as the Bears have forced a turnover in 20-consecutive games. This season, Baylor has held opponents to 12.1 points per game below their scoring averages in all other games and is one of just six teams to not allow more than 30 points in a single game. BU’s defense currently leads the Big 12 in interceptions (12) and ranks second in the league in scoring defense (19.4), completion percentage allowed (59.9), pass efficiency defense (124.0) and passing TDs allowed (12).

Collins’ outside linebacker unit has accounted for 104 tackles, 18.5 tackles-for-loss and 6.5 sacks with one interception and two forced fumbles in 2021, helping the Bears to a 10-2 regular-season record.

A Houston native, Collins played linebacker for current Baylor defensive coordinator Ron Roberts at Southeastern Louisiana from 2012-2016. He played in 35 career games and helped the Lions to a pair of FCS Playoff appearances in 2013 and 2014.

Following the completion of his playing career, Collins spent one season on the football staff at Rayburn High School in Pasadena, Texas.

Collins graduated from Southeastern Louisiana with a degree in physics in 2016. He is a graduate of Galena Park-North Shore High School

For the latest news on the Baylor football team all season long, follow its official Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts: @BUFootball.

David Kaye | Assistant AD for Communications