Baylor WBB Inks Aaronette Vonleh

Pirtle, Colin Colin_Pirtle1 at baylor.edu
Tue Apr 30 17:16:40 CDT 2024

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – April 30, 2024

Baylor WBB Inks Aaronette Vonleh
Bears add 2024 All-Pac-12 Center from Colorado
For more information contact: Colin Pirtle; 940-564-0351, colin_pirtle1 at baylor.edu<mailto:colin_pirtle1 at baylor.edu>

WACO, Texas – Baylor women’s basketball head coach Nicki Collen announced the addition of Arizona and Colorado transfer Aaronette Vonleh to the program on Tuesday.

“We are thrilled to welcome Aaronette and her family to the Baylor Family,” said Collen. “We knew heading into this offseason that we had to get the best low post player in the portal, and we believe we accomplished that. Netty has the size and ability to dominate on the low block, while being capable of handling the ball on the perimeter and facing the rim. She is fantastic rim runner which feeds into the pace we play at. She will give us an interior presence on the defensive end and has the ability to move well laterally in our ball screen coverages.”

A 2024 All-Pac-12 selection, Vonleh assisted the Buffaloes to a Sweet 16 appearance after downing then-No. 15/16 Kansas State in Manhattan in the second round of the NCAA tournament with a nine-point, eight-rebound performance in a team-high 38 minutes on the court.

During her junior season in Boulder, Vonleh started in all 34 games, posting a team-leading seven steals versus K-State in March and five blocks against Northern Colorado in December. Colorado’s leading scorer, Vonleh scored 476 points for the season and averaged 14.0 points per game behind a .549 field goal percentage.

In her first season in Colorado, Vonleh saw time in all 34 games and started in all but one. The sophomore had three 20-plus-point games and was in double figures 25 times. She scored a career-high 25 points against Cal that season, going 11-for-14 from the field and 3-of-4 from the line.

Vonleh won the 2023 Co-Pac-12 Most Improved Player award and was an honorable mention pick on the All-Pac-12 team.

As a freshman with the Arizona Wildcats in 2021-22, Vonleh shot 61.5 percent from the field for 4.1 points per game in 17 games. In her lone season in Arizona, she tallied four double-digit scoring efforts and scored a season-high 17 points against Northern Arizona.

The West Linn, Ore., native was a top 100 recruit by ESPN in the 2021 class and was the ninth-best post player in the country.

Born into a basketball family, Vonleh’s sister, Samnell, played for the University of Bridgeport and Saint Anselm College, while her brother, Noah, played for Indiana and was the ninth pick overall in the 2014 NBA Draft.

“Netty has grown her skill set each year of her college career, and we are excited to see her continued development in our system as she expands her game to the perimeter,” said Collen. “She is a quiet but fierce competitor, and I am excited to see how the Baylor fans embrace her on and off the court.”

- BaylorBears.com -

Colin Pirtle | Associate Director of Athletics Communications (WBB, T&F/XC, MTEN)