Baylor WGOLF Set to Close Down the Fall Slate at the Rainbow Wahine Invitational

Roberts, Matt WM_Roberts at baylor.edu
Sun Oct 22 13:33:00 CDT 2023

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – Oct. 22, 2023

Baylor WGOLF Set to Close Down the Fall Slate at the Rainbow Wahine Invitational
BU won in its last appearance at Kapolei Golf Course
For more information contact: Matt Roberts, 254-227-2280, WM_Roberts at Baylor.edu<mailto:WM_Roberts at Baylor.edu>

KAPOLEI, Hawaii – Baylor women's golf will finish the fall semester at the Rainbow Wahine Invitational on Monday morning at Kapolei Golf Course.

BU has played well in Hawaii, winning its last appearance at the Rainbow Wahine in dominating fashion with a 23-under 841, 30 shots better than second-place Santa Clara. Rosie Belsham, Britta Snyder and BaiMai Seema all played in that event and will make the trip with Baylor this time around.

Head coach Jay Goble looks forward to finishing the fall strong in a place where his team has seen no shortage of success.

“I do feel good about going to Hawaii,” Goble said. “Britta, Rosie and BaiMai played great there two years ago. Yoonjeong [Huh] has spent a lot of time in Hawaii before, and Sera [Hasegawa] is excited about going as well. I think it can be a good bonding experience for us to all go and be together and compete together. We want to end the semester on a high note and get some positive vibes going into the break and get ready for our championship season next spring.”

Hasegawa will play at the No. 1 spot for the first time this season. The junior currently leads the team in par-5 scoring average (4.78).

Ashleen Kaur will aim to continue the stellar start to her career playing out of the No. 2 position. Kaur has 33 birdies this season, which leads the team through three tournaments.

Snyder will play at No. 3 in her second event of the season. The senior finished second, behind her teammate Gurleen Kaur, at the 2021 Rainbow Wahine Invitational.

Belsham will take her place at No. 4 in the lineup this week. The senior also had a strong showing in 2021, with a third-place finish at Kapolei Golf Course.

Huh will round out the lineup at No. 5 in her second appearance this season.

BaiMai Seema, Mallory Matthews and Hannah Herbel will also compete in the event as individuals.

Once available, complete pairings, scores and stats can be found at Golfstat.com.<https://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=participants&tid=28332>

For more information on Baylor Women’s Golf, follow @BaylorWGolf on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.

—BaylorBears.com—

Matt Roberts | Associate Director of Athletic Communications (MBB/MGOLF/ WGOLF)