No. 19 Baylor WGOLF Set for Northrop Grumman Regional Challenge

Roberts, Matt WM_Roberts at baylor.edu
Sat Mar 12 11:38:54 CST 2022

No. 19 Baylor WGOLF Set for Northrop Grumman Regional Challenge
Talented graduate transfer Addie Baggarly set to make stroke-play debut at BU
For more information contact: Matt Roberts, 254-227-2280, WM_Roberts at Baylor.edu<mailto:WM_Roberts at Baylor.edu>

PALOS VERDES ESTATES, Calif. – Baylor women’s golf will aim to build on its fourth-place finish at the Darius Rucker Intercollegiate when the Bears tee it up at the Northrop Grumman Regional Challenge in Palos Verdes Estates, Calif.

This will be the program's ninth appearance at the Northrop Grumman, a tournament the Bears won in 2015 en route to a second-place finish at the NCAA Tournament that season. Head Coach Jay Goble sees this as a strong test for his team as Baylor enters the home stretch of its regular season.

“This is my favorite regular-season tournament of the year,” Goble said. “I love coming out here. I love the golf course that we play. The host hotel for the week is probably the nicest hotel we stay in; it's a great place. The field is also one of the best in college golf, so it prepares you for the competition you’ll have throughout the rest of the year.”

Goble is shaking up the lineup with Britta Snyder playing at the No. 1 spot for the first time since the Cougar Classic in September. Snyder is fresh off a tie for 20th at the Darius Rucker Intercollegiate, where she was BU's highest finisher.

Freshman Antonia Matte also finished in a tie for 20th at the Darius Rucker, and she will play in the No. 2 spot for the second-straight tournament.

Gurleen Kaur will play at No. 3 this week and will make her third start in the Northrop Grumman Challenge. Her best finish came as a freshman in 2019, when she finished in a tie for 23rd with a 9-over 222.

Rosie Belsham will play out of the No. 4 spot after finishing in a tie for 35th at the Darius Rucker. The sophomore is second on the team with two under-par rounds this spring.

Florida transfer Addie Baggarly will make her second start as a Bear and first in a stroke-play event since transferring to Baylor prior to the spring semester. She will be making her third trip to the Northrop Grumman, finishing in a tie for 29th in her last visit to Palos Verde in 2020 with the Gators. The Jonesborough, Tenn. native, was also Florida’s highest finisher in 2019, when she finished in a tie for 41st as a sophomore.

Goble said he feels like the experienced players like Baggarly and Kaur bring to the table will be helpful on this golf course.

“The teams that I've had that did really well here had been here a couple of times and learned the little ins and outs of the place. But we have such a solid team, especially veterans like Addie and Gurleen, who have played here a lot. I think we should be able to get around here okay this week.”

Live stats will be available at Golfstat.com.<https://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=participants&tid=23392> For more information on Baylor Women’s Golf, follow @BaylorWGolf on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.

www.BaylorBears.com<http://www.BaylorBears.com>

Matt Roberts | Associate Director of Athletic Communications (MGOLF/ WGOLF/ FOOTBALL/ MBB)

 [cid:image003.png at 01D7D346.D6F76D30]