Baylor WGOLF Announces 2022-23 Schedule

Roberts, Matt WM_Roberts at baylor.edu
Mon Jun 27 14:25:54 CDT 2022

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – June 27, 2022
Baylor WGOLF Announces 2022-23 Schedule
BU’s schedule includes the inaugural Big 12 Match Play
For more information contact: Matt Roberts, 254-227-2280, wm_roberts at baylor.edu<mailto:wm_roberts at baylor.edu>
WACO, Texas – Baylor women’s golf announced its 10-event regular-season schedule on Monday, complete with three events in the Phoenix, Ariz. area, the site of the 2023 NCAA Championship.
"This schedule gives us experience everywhere,” head coach Jay Goble said. “It gives us a chance to play on the east coast, west coast and the desert. We're going to see a large variety of teams, which is what you want. I believe that this is a great schedule for us next fall and spring to prepare us for the postseason.”
BU will open the season with a seventh trip to the Schooner Fall Classic Sept. 24-26, at Belmar Golf Club in Norman, Okla. The Bears finished second last year and won the event in 2020.
In late October, Baylor heads west for their first regular-season appearance at the Stanford Intercollegiate, Oct. 21-23, in Stanford, Calif. The Bears played Stanford Golf Course as a part of the NCAA West Regional field in 2013, finishing in ninth place.
The fall slate closes with a third trip to the Battle at the Beach in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, Oct. 28-30. Goble likes finishing the fall with a fun trip and an opportunity to play some good golf.
“It’s a tournament we started five years ago and passed the baton over to TCU,” he said. “It is a great way to end the fall season, to go down to Mexico and play on a fun golf course. There will be a lot of solid teams down there, and they set the course up to where if you get hot, you can make some birdies.”
A busy spring opens with the Match in the Desert event hosted by Kansas in Phoenix on Jan. 23, 2022. This will mark the second-straight season the Bears start their spring in the Phoenix area after playing the Desert Match Play in January of 2022.
BU will make a second trip to Mexico for the Collegiate Invitational at Guadalajara Country Club Feb. 5-6 in Guadalajara. The Bears round out the month with return trips to the Northrop Grumman Regional Challenge, Feb. 12-14 in Palos Verdes, Calif., and The Darius Rucker Intercollegiate, Feb. 27-March 1, at Long Cove Club in Hilton Head, S.C.
Baylor’s sixth trip to the ASU PING Invitational will be its only other tournament in the month of March and will run from the 24th-26th, at Papago Golf Club in Phoenix. BU's third and final regular-season event in Arizona is the inaugural Big 12 Match Play at Kierland Golf Club April 7-9. The new event gives Big 12 teams a chance to fine-tune their game in a climate and format they could see at the NCAA Championships at Grayhawk Golf Club in May.
“I think the idea behind having the event in Phoenix is that we’re going to play match play in the desert a month before we might be doing it at Grayhawk,” Goble said. “I think moving forward, the event might follow the national championship, so we'll be trying to play a match play event near the National Championship site, to try to get used to the weather conditions and grasses we'll see a month later.”
The Big 12 Stroke Play Championship will return to Dallas Athletic Club April 21-23. Baylor tied for second in 2018, the last time the Big 12 Championship was held at DAC.
The NCAA Regionals will take place May 8-10 at six sites spread out across the country, with the National Championship returning to Grayhawk Golf Club from May 19-24.
BU is coming off a season where they advanced to the NCAA Championship for the seventh time in program history, earning an 18th-place finish. The Bears expect to return four players with NCAA Championship experience. Britta Snyder, Rosie Belsham, Hannah Karg and BaiMai Seema played in the NCAA Championship last May. They will also be joined by East Tennessee State transfer Sera Hasegawa and talented freshman Silje Ohma.
For more information on Baylor Women’s Golf, follow @BaylorWGolf on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
2022-23 Season Schedule

Schooner Fall Classic – Norman, Okla. – September 24-26

Stanford Intercollegiate Hosted by Condoleezza Rice – Stanford, Calif. – October 21-23

Battle at the Beach – Cabo San Lucas, Mexico – October 28-30

Match in the Desert – Phoenix, Ariz. – January 23

Collegiate Invitational at Guadalajara Country Club – Guadalajara, Mexico – February 5-6

Northrop Grumman Regional Challenge – Palos Verdes, Calif. – February 12-14

Darius Rucker Intercollegiate – Hilton Head, SC – Feb. 26-March 1

ASU PING Invitational – Phoenix, Ariz. – March 24-26

Big 12 Match Play – Phoenix, Ariz. – April 7-9
Big 12 Championships – Dallas, Texas – April 21-23

www.BaylorBears.com<http://www.BaylorBears.com>

Matt Roberts | Associate Director of Athletic Communications (MGOLF/ WGOLF/ FOOTBALL/ MBB)

 [cid:image003.png at 01D7D346.D6F76D30]