Baylor's Kaur Invited to Augusta National Women’s Amateur

Roberts, Matt WM_Roberts at baylor.edu
Fri Jan 14 17:15:33 CST 2022

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – Jan. 14, 2022
Baylor's Kaur Invited to Augusta National Women’s Amateur
Baylor Senior Makes Second Appearance in Prestigious Women’s Amateur Event
For more information contact: Matt Roberts, 254-227-2280, WM_Roberts at Baylor.edu<mailto:WM_Roberts at Baylor.edu>
WACO, Texas – Baylor senior Gurleen Kaur was invited to compete in the prestigious Augusta National Women’s Amateur to be held in late March in Augusta, Georgia.

“It’s just exciting and it’s an honor,” Kaur said. “I was really hoping to come back for my senior year and I just blessed to be here. I hope to make the cut this year and put myself in a good contention to play for that last day.”
This will be Kaur’s second appearance in the ANWA after she was invited in January of 2019. Her appearance was delayed a year by the COVID-19 pandemic, but she got her chance to play in the event in 2021 and shot a two-day total of 159.

“I think with the experience I have now, I'll have good notes from last year,” she said. I’ll be a little bit more focused than last year where I was a bit in awe of the moment.”

The first 36 holes of the event will be played at Champions Retreat Golf Club in Augusta, on March 30-31, 2022. After 36 holes, the top 30 will advance to the final round at Augusta National on Saturday, April 2. The entire field will have an opportunity to play a practice round at Augusta National on April 1, whether they make the cut or not.

The event was announced in 2018 and the inaugural event was held in April of 2019. This will be the third playing of the ANWA after the 2020 event was canceled because of COVID-19. For more info on the event or to get tickets, click here.<https://www.anwagolf.com/en_US/index.html>

Kaur is set to begin the spring semester off a win in her last event of the fall semester, a one-shot victory over her teammate, Britta Snyder, in the Rainbow Wahine Invitational.
For more information on Baylor Women’s Golf, follow @BaylorWGolf on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.

www.BaylorBears.com<http://www.BaylorBears.com>

Matt Roberts | Associate Director of Athletic Communications | Baylor University
C: 254-227-2280

[cid:54E1C264-CCBD-4145-8720-CBB53143EB50]