No. 15 Baylor WGOLF Set for the Big 12 Championships

Roberts, Matt WM_Roberts at baylor.edu
Thu Apr 21 17:08:30 CDT 2022

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – April 21, 2022
No. 15 Baylor WGOLF Set for the Big 12 Championships
BU has earned top-five finishes in four-straight Big 12 Championships
For more information contact: Matt Roberts, 254-227-2280, WM_Roberts at Baylor.edu<mailto:WM_Roberts at Baylor.edu>

HOCKLEY, Texas – Baylor women’s golf begins its postseason run at the Big 12 Championship Friday morning at the Golf Club at Houston Oaks.

The Bears are coming off a 12-shot win in the Bruzzy Challenge last week, where they beat the other eight Big 12 teams, setting them up for success again this week.

“Last week was a great confidence booster to go and play in tough, windy conditions against other Big 12 teams,” Head coach Jay Goble said. “To come away with a pretty large victory was fun, but I think that that also prepared us for this week."

Gurleen Kaur finished second at the Bruzzy Challenge, where she had the lowest score on the team for a sixth time this season. The Houston native, named to the Palmer Cup earlier this week, is looking forward to competing in her own backyard in Hockley.
“Yeah, I only live about 20-25 minutes away,” Kaur said. “I have played there plenty. My coach used to be the head pro out there, so I know it really well, and I'm excited to be out there."
The senior enters this week with 135 career rounds played and will move past Anna Rehnholm this weekend for the second-most rounds in program history.
Britta Snyder will play at the No. 2 spot this week, fresh off her third top-10 of the season in Fort Worth. The sophomore feels like this team is trending up at the perfect time.
“I think we have a lot of confidence and momentum as a team right now,” she said. “I think we've slowly been peaking throughout the semester, and I think it's coming around at the right time, and we're all building off each other's games. I feel like we're all playing really solid right now.”
Addie Baggarly also notched a top-10 last week at the Bruzzy, her first as a Bear, and she will play at the No. 3 spot this week. In three of her last four rounds, the grad transfer has shot par or better.
Rosie Belsham finished in a tie for 14th at Waterchase Golf Club last week, including a second-round 67, marking her best score of the season. The sophomore will play at the No. 4 spot.
Hannah Karg returns to the lineup for the first time since February in the No. 5 spot. Friday will mark her second start at the Big 12 Championship after finishing 30th in her Big 12 debut last year.

Baylor will play alongside No. 6 Oklahoma State and No. 13 Texas beginning at 8:00 a.m. on Friday. Live stats and scoring will be available at Golfstat.com.<https://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=participants&tid=24318>

For more information on Baylor Women’s Golf, follow @BaylorWGolf on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.

www.BaylorBears.com<http://www.BaylorBears.com>

Matt Roberts | Associate Director of Athletic Communications (MGOLF/ WGOLF/ FOOTBALL/ MBB)

 [cid:image003.png at 01D7D346.D6F76D30]