Baylor Men's Golf Adds Dolehide as Volunteer Assistant

Roberts, Matt WM_Roberts at baylor.edu
Thu Sep 2 16:12:35 CDT 2021

Baylor Men’s Golf Adds Dolehide as Volunteer Assistant
Dolehide brings six years of experience in college golf to Waco
For more information contact: Matt Roberts, 254-227-2280, WM_Roberts at Baylor.edu<mailto:WM_Roberts at Baylor.edu>

WACO, Texas – Baylor men’s golf has added former Florida Atlantic golf standout Brian Dolehide as volunteer assistant coach, head coach Mike McGraw announced Thursday.

“We’re really excited for Brian to join the program, and we plan to give him a terrific coaching experience,” McGraw said. “My goal is to put him in a position where he would be capable of stepping in to coach during the season, if necessary.”

Dolehide will work with players during practice, observe qualifying and handle day-to day operations, allowing McGraw and assistant coach Mikkel Bjerch-Andresen prioritize hands-on coaching.

“Brian is really going to give Mikkel and I an opportunity to do more coaching than we have been able to do in the past,” McGraw said. “He’s going to be a tremendous asset to our team.”

Dolehide brings six years of experience in college golf to Waco, both as a player and a coach. He most recently served as the Associate Head Coach at Goucher College in Baltimore, where he was tasked with leading recruiting events for prospective athletes. Before joining Goucher he served as a volunteer assistant at FAU in 2019.

After leading his Hinsdale Central High School team to three-straight state titles as a captain, Dolehide went on to Florida Atlantic, where he was also named a team captain in his senior season. While competing with the Owls, he achieved multiple All-Academic and Academic Excellence awards in his four seasons.

Dolehide recently worked as a caddy at Caves Valley Golf Club, the site of the PGA Tour’s BMW Championship.

Baylor will open the 2021-22 season at the Maridoe Collegiate Invitational on Monday, September 13th.

For more information on Baylor Men’s Golf, follow @BaylorMGolf on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.

www.BaylorBears.com<http://www.BaylorBears.com>

Matt Roberts | Associate Director of Athletic Communications | Baylor University
C: 254-227-2280

[cid:54E1C264-CCBD-4145-8720-CBB53143EB50]