WGOLF: Baylor Women’s Golf to Close Out Fall Schedule in Hawaii

Roberts, Matt WM_Roberts at baylor.edu
Sun Oct 24 19:02:58 CDT 2021

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – Oct. 24, 2021
Baylor Women’s Golf to Close Out Fall Schedule in Hawaii
Six Bears Will Compete at Kapolei Golf Club This Week
For more information contact: Matt Roberts, 254-227-2280, WM_Roberts at Baylor.edu<mailto:WM_Roberts at Baylor.edu>

KAPOLEI, Hawaii – Baylor women’s golf will look to finish its fall season on a high note at the Rainbow Wahine Invitational beginning Monday at Kapolei Golf Club in Kapolei, Hawaii.

Baylor head coach Jay Goble knows his team has played a difficult schedule this season and hopes to use this week as a springboard into the spring.

“We are looking to end our fall on a high note,” Goble said. “We will learn from our experiences this fall and continue to put plans in place to get a little better each day.”

Kapolei Golf Club is a par-72 course that stretches out to 6,208 yards. While the setting will be picturesque, Goble and his team is approaching this as a business trip.

“I know we are in one of the most beautiful places in the world, but we are here to win a golf tournament and that is what we are focusing on,” he said.

The Bears are paired with Hawaii and Cal State Northridge in round one.

Gurleen Kaur comes in fresh off a top-five finish at the Stephens Cup last week and aims for another strong week out of the No. 1 spot. She will tee off at 2:48 p.m. (CST).

Sophomore Britta Snyder, looks to pick up a second top-10 finish this fall out of the No. 2 spot for the Bears. She will hit the first tee at 2:40 p.m. (CST).

Rosie Belsham can pick up a fourth-straight top-25 finish this week, playing out of the No. 3 spot in the lineup at 2:32 p.m. (CST).

BaiMai Seema made her collegiate debut last week at the Stephens Cup and will look to build on her performance at Alotian, playing out of the No. 4 spot at 2:24 p.m. (CST).

Fellow freshman Antonia Matte, who has two top-15 finishes in her three starts this fall, will look to add another out of the No. 5 spot for the Bears. She will be first off for the team at 2:16 p.m. (CST).

Hannah Karg will make her third start of the fall but her first of the season as an individual. She will tee off No. 1 at 2:08 p.m. (CST).

Live stats will be available at golfstat.com<http://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=team&tid=23844>. For more information on Baylor Women’s Golf, follow @BaylorWGolf on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.

www.BaylorBears.com<http://www.BaylorBears.com>

Matt Roberts | Associate Director of Athletic Communications | Baylor University
C: 254-227-2280

[cid:54E1C264-CCBD-4145-8720-CBB53143EB50]