No. 12 Baylor WT Sweeps West Virginia, 7-0

Robarts, Kyle Kyle_Robarts at baylor.edu
Sun Mar 14 16:13:08 CDT 2021

No. 12 Baylor WT Sweeps West Virginia, 7-0
Bears improve to 14-2 on the season, 2-0 in Big 12 play
For more information contact: Kyle Robarts, 254-405-9492, Kyle_Robarts at baylor.edu<mailto:Kyle_Robarts at baylor.edu>

THE RUNDOWN

WACO, Texas – The No. 12-ranked Baylor women’s tennis team swept West Virginia, 7-0, Sunday to move to 2-0 in Big 12 Conference play at the Hurd Tennis Center.

Jessica Hinojosa’s 80th career singles victory at Baylor highlighted the win for the Bears who improved to 14-2 on the season. Hinojosa battled through two sets to beat WVU’s Momoko Nagato, 7-5, 7-5 on the No. 2 court.

In addition, Livia Kraus improved to 13-0 on the season with her two-set win over Hunter Belser, 7-5, 7-5. Kristina Sorokolet’s win on the No. 5 court was the match sealer for Baylor.

The Bears improved to 9-0 all-time vs. the Mountaineers and dropped WVU to 3-2 overall and 0-2 in league play.

HIGHLIGHTS
• Livia Kraus improved to 13-0 on the singles court and is 22-3 overall on the season.
• Jessica Hinojosa collected her 80th career singles win for Baylor in the match.

THEY SAID IT
Senior Jessica Hinojosa on today’s match…
“The match was really good. I think that everyone competed the right way. We were a little bit tired from the long week, but we just are glad we got through this match and that we got the win.”

Head Coach Joey Scrivano on today’s match…
“Just a great match today. I am really proud of the team. We competed with really good intensity and focus. I felt like we played really loose, and it was good. A great match today, especially playing indoors today against West Virginia, a team that typically plays indoors.  Just a really good win.”

On the sweeping start & looking forward…
“I think it was an impressive start because the players are really focused and present. When we have that kind of focus great things are going to happen. We are just going to keep building on it. There’s always thing that we can improve. That’s the plan for this week. How can we improve and get better for next weekend.”

WHAT’S NEXT

Baylor plays host to Oklahoma Friday at Noon at the Hurd Tennis Center.

www.BaylorBears.com

Kyle Robarts | Associate Director, Athletics Communications (WBB, WTEN)

[cid:image001.png at 01D718EC.EAC61EC0]<http://baylorbears.com/>