No. 15 Baylor WT Bounces Back with 4-2 Win vs. Texas Tech

Robarts, Kyle Kyle_Robarts at baylor.edu
Sun Mar 7 15:35:16 CST 2021

No. 15 Baylor WT Bounces Back with 4-2 Win vs. Texas Tech
Bears senior Kraus moves to 11-0 in singles
For more information contact: Kyle Robarts, 254-405-9492, Kyle_Robarts at baylor.edu<mailto:Kyle_Robarts at baylor.edu>

THE RUNDOWN

WACO, Texas – The No. 15-ranked Baylor women’s tennis rebounded from Saturday’s loss to No. 2 Texas with a 4-2 win over No. 29 Texas Tech, Sunday at the Hurd Tennis Center.

The Bears took the doubles point, and one day after her impressive 11-match win streak was snapped, junior Paula Barañano picked up the match-sealing win with a 6-4, 2-6, 6-3 win over Texas Tech’s (7-3) Olivia Peet.

Livia Kraus continued her winning ways picking up her 11th victory of the season on the No. 4 court to stay undefeated. She beat the Raiders’ Nell Miller, 6-1, 6-0 and improved to 20-3 on the season.

Sunday’s match marked the last non-conference match before four-straight Big 12 matchups, beginning Friday vs. Iowa State

HIGHLIGHTS
• Livia Kraus improved to 11-0 on the singles court and is 20-3 overall on the season.
• Paula Barañano’s win on No. 5 was the match-sealer and she’s won 12 of her last 13 matches.
• Audrey Boch-Collins picked up her first singles win since Feb. 12 vs. North Texas.
• Angelina Shakhraichuk and Boch-Collins won their doubles match on court No. 2 and improved to 7-3 as a pair this spring.
• Livia Kraus and Alicia Herrero Linan won their first match as a pair this season on the No. 3 court.

THEY SAID IT
Baylor Head Coach Joey Scrivano on bouncing back after Saturday’s loss …
“Our team responded today. They had every excuse in the book to not perform today. They chose to respond the right way and come out with a lot of energy, fight and heart. I’m really proud of them. The way you respond in these situations is the sign of a great team. We showed that today.”

Baylor freshman Audrey Boch-Collins on the importance of responding after a loss …
“Everyone wanted to turn it around today after the loss to UT yesterday. We went out there with high intensity and did whatever it took to pull it out today.”

Baylor senior Jessica Hinojosa on today’s match …
“We came out and were ready to compete. I think that showed today across the board. We all motivated each other. We like seeing each other compete really hard. I was playing really well in my match today. It was a tough match, but I’m glad I was able to compete in that way.”

WHAT’S NEXT

Baylor will open Big 12 play Friday vs. Iowa State at the Hurd Tennis Center at Noon.

www.BaylorBears.com

Kyle Robarts | Associate Director, Athletics Communications (WBB, WTEN)

[cid:image001.png at 01D71367.78B3FDA0]<http://baylorbears.com/>