Scrivano Inks Thompson to Baylor WT Roster for 2021-22

Robarts, Kyle Kyle_Robarts at baylor.edu
Mon Jun 28 15:03:45 CDT 2021

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – June 28, 2021

Scrivano Inks Thompson to Baylor WT Roster for 2021-22
Two-Time 5A Oklahoma Singles Champion signs with Bears
For more information contact: Kyle Robarts, 254-405-9492, Kyle_Robarts at baylor.edu<mailto:Kyle_Robarts at baylor.edu>

WACO, Texas – Baylor head women’s tennis coach Joey Scrivano rounded out his 2021-22 roster with the signing of Brooke Thompson, the team announced Monday.

Thompson comes to Baylor from Edmond, Okla. where she won two state championships in singles at the 5A level in Oklahoma, competing for Heritage Hall.

“Brooke is a high character student-athlete with a tremendous upside,” Scrivano said. “She comes from a family of athletes with both her parents playing at Oklahoma State. She is a strong student, and we are fortunate to have her at Baylor and will look forward to her development."

Thompson won the Oklahoma Class 5A singles championship as a freshman in 2018 and again as a senior in 2021. She spent two years as a sophomore and junior prepping at the Tucker Tennis Academy in Tulsa. TennisRecruiting.net ranked her as the No. 2 prospect in Oklahoma for the class of 2021. She was named a National High School Tennis All-American as a result of her successful senior season.

“I am incredibly excited to begin my career at Baylor. The opportunity to continue my education at such a prestigious university is a blessing,” Thompson said. “I’m looking forward to contributing to a team that strives for excellence and competes for championships. I know my time at Baylor will prepare me well for the future. I’m confident that the coaching staff will guide me to reach my fullest potential.”

Thompson is the daughter of the late Brooks Thompson and Michelle “Ryan” Thompson. Brooks played collegiate basketball at Oklahoma State and went on to play in the NBA with the Orlando Magic, Denver Nuggets, New York Knicks, Phoenix Suns and Utah Jazz. Michelle played softball at Oklahoma State.

She joins Ana Carmen Zambruek, Anita Sahdiieva, Alina Shcherbinina and Olivia Malm as freshmen signed by Scrivano and associate head coach Lenka Broosova. That group will join a nucleus of returners that includes 2021 First-Team All-Big 12 selection Mel Krywoj, Alicia Herrero Linana, Paula Barañano, Isabella Harvison and Hannah Pinto.

www.BaylorBears.com

Kyle Robarts | Associate Director, Athletics Communications (WBB, WTEN)

[cid:image001.png at 01D76C2E.CA5FF260]<http://baylorbears.com/>