Scrivano Adds Zamburek to Bolster Baylor WT Roster in 2021

Robarts, Kyle Kyle_Robarts at baylor.edu
Thu Jun 24 12:24:35 CDT 2021

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – June 24, 2021

Scrivano Adds Zamburek to Bolster Baylor WT Roster in 2021
Dominican Republic native a top-300 junior
For more information contact: Kyle Robarts, 254-405-9492, Kyle_Robarts at baylor.edu<mailto:Kyle_Robarts at baylor.edu>

WACO, Texas – Baylor head women’s tennis coach Joey Scrivano added his second player this week with Ana Carmen Zambruek signing out of Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.

Zamburek joins Anita Sahdiieva as signees this week to the Bears who finished ranked No. 14 in the nation in 2021 after a 24-5 season and made a second-round appearance in the NCAA Tournament.

She had a career-best ITF Junior Ranking of 247 in March of 2021 and currently ranks No. 277.

“Ana is a promising young player who plays the game with passion. We believe Ana has a ton of upside and will be a core player for us into the future,” Scrivano said. “Her athleticism, power and competitiveness are impressive.  We're excited to have her join our team."

Zamburek is a right-handed player at 5-8, and she attended Cenapec school. She is a member of the Dominican Republic Fed Cup Team, was a doubles finalist at 25K pro tournament and has wins over ITF Juniors with ranks of No. 65 and No. 81.

I chose Baylor for many reasons, however the strong academics, the tradition of success in tennis, and the instant connection I felt with the coaches were the biggest factors,” Zamburek said. “From the beginning of the recruiting process, Baylor was high on my list and after getting to know the coaches and some of the players it became my dream school. At Baylor, everything is in place for me to become the best student-athlete I can be. I’m truly excited to be a Baylor Bear. I told Coach Scrivano, I’m not coming to Baylor to take a scholarship, I’m going there to raise the level of the team and be a difference maker.”

She joins Anita Sahdiieva, Alina Shcherbinina and Olivia Malm as freshmen signed thus far by Scrivano and associate head coach Lenka Broosova. That trio will join a nucleus of returners that includes 2021 First-Team All-Big 12 selection Mel Krywoj, Alicia Herrero Linana, Paula Barañano, Isabella Harvison and Hannah Pinto.

www.BaylorBears.com

Kyle Robarts | Associate Director, Athletics Communications (WBB, WTEN)

[cid:image001.png at 01D768F3.E4332E20]<http://baylorbears.com/>