Scrivano Signs Ukraine Native, Sahdiieva, for Baylor WT in Fall of ‘21

Robarts, Kyle Kyle_Robarts at baylor.edu
Tue Jun 22 17:15:39 CDT 2021

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – June 22, 2021

Scrivano Signs Ukraine Native, Sahdiieva, for Baylor WT in Fall of ‘21
Bears add third freshman prospect for fall
For more information contact: Kyle Robarts, 254-405-9492, Kyle_Robarts at baylor.edu<mailto:Kyle_Robarts at baylor.edu>

WACO, Texas – Baylor head women’s tennis coach Joey Scrivano announced the signing of Anita Sahdiieva for the fall of 2021, Tuesday. Sahdiieva, a Khmelnytskyi, Ukraine native, is the third of the Baylor signing class for 2021.

Sahdiieva is one of the world’s top juniors with an ITF ranking of No. 227 and a career-best of No. 217 in March of 2021. She won the 18U Juniors National Championship in Ukraine, and in her career, she has taken down players with junior world rankings of 28, 33 and 49, respectively.

“Anita is a dedicated tennis player who plays with a lot of heart. I love her passion for the game and grit as a competitor,” said Scrivano. “I believe she’s going to be a key player for us over the next four years. We're super excited to have her join our team and be a part of the Baylor family."

Sahdiieva is a 5-9, left-hander that carries a 10.55 UTR ranking.

“I’m so grateful to be a part of the Baylor family and have the opportunity to continue to pursue my passion of tennis,” Sahdiieva said. “I have no doubt that my game and maturity will only grow at Baylor. I’m very thankful for the coaches’ belief in me and look forward to this amazing journey ahead.”

She joins Alina Shcherbinina and Olivia Malm as a trio of freshmen signed thus far by Scrivano and associate head coach Lenka Broosova. That trio will join a nucleus of returners that includes 2021 First-Team All-Big 12 selection Mel Krywoj, Alicia Herrero Linana, Paula Barañano, Isabella Harvison and Hannah Pinto.

www.BaylorBears.com

Kyle Robarts | Associate Director, Athletics Communications (WBB, WTEN)

[cid:image001.png at 01D7678A.38E92430]<http://baylorbears.com/>