Baylor Track & Field Treks to Oregon for NCAA Championships

Coleman, Kellen Kellen_Coleman at baylor.edu
Tue Jun 8 10:41:04 CDT 2021

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – June 8, 2021

Baylor Track & Field Treks to Oregon for NCAA Championships
Bears earned a total of 20 spots in Eugene

EUGENE, Ore. – Baylor track & field is set to conclude its season on the biggest stage at the 2021 NCAA Outdoor Championships Wednesday through Saturday at the newly renovated Hayward Field.

“It’s a very talented, young group,” head coach Todd Harbour said. “They’re battle-tested right now. Some of them last year didn’t get to compete, but it’s a great group. I think they’re ready to go, and we should see some great things.”

The men’s team will take the stage first as Kamden Jackson (100 meters), Howard Fields III (400 meters) and the 4x400-meter relay lead things off Wednesday night with track semifinals. Those who qualify for finals will advance to compete again on Friday night for national championships.

“Those guys have had a great season, and they’re all just great young people,” Harbour said. “More than just talented athletes, they’re really, really good people. So, just excited for the future of the program as to where it’s going to be at in the next couple of years.”

The women’s team, ranked 15th in the nation heading into the meet, will begin on Thursday. The 4x100-meter relay, Ackera Nugent (100-meter hurdles and 100 meters), Aaliyah Miller (800 meters) and the 4x400-meter relay will have semifinals on the track, while Tuesdi Tidwell (pole vault) and Alex Madlock (long jump) compete in finals. Track finals, along with Madlock competing in the triple jump, will finish things up on Saturday.

“The ladies are primed,” Harbour said. “We’ve got a very good national team, and I just hope we can move up and represent not only Baylor but the Big 12 very well at the NCAA meet.”

The championships will be televised live on ESPN2/ESPNU/ESPN3, and live results can be found at https://dt8v5llb2dwhs.cloudfront.net/Outdoor/2021/index.htm.

For continued updates on the Baylor track & field team, follow the team's social media accounts all season long: @BaylorTrack.

2021 NCAA Division I Outdoor Track & Field Championships

Wednesday, June 9 (Men)
8:16 p.m. CT: 100 meters (semifinal) – Kamden Jackson
8:30 p.m. CT: 400 meters (semifinal) – Howard Fields III
10:18 p.m. CT: 4x400-meter relay (semifinal)

Thursday, June 10 (Women)
5:32 pm. CT: 4x100-meter relay (semifinal)
6:00 p.m. CT: Pole Vault (FINAL) – Tuesdi Tidwell
6:32 p.m. CT: 100-meter hurdles (semifinal) – Ackera Nugent
6:46 p.m. CT: 100 meters (semifinal) – Ackera Nugent
7:00 p.m. CT: Long Jump (FINAL) – Alex Madlock
7:14 p.m. CT: 800 meters (semifinal) – Aaliyah Miller
8:48 p.m. CT: 4x400-meter relay (semifinal)

Friday, June 11 (Men)
7:52 p.m. CT: 100 meters (FINAL) – Kamden Jackson
8:02 p.m. CT: 400 meters (FINAL) – Howard Fields III
9:21 p.m. CT: 4x400-meter relay (FINAL)

Saturday, June 12 (Women)
5:02 pm. CT: 4x100-meter relay (FINAL)
5:20 p.m. CT: Triple Jump (FINAL) – Alex Madlock
5:42 p.m. CT: 100-meter hurdles (FINAL) – Ackera Nugent
5:52 p.m. CT: 100 meters (FINAL) – Ackera Nugent
6:14 p.m. CT: 800 meters (FINAL) – Aaliyah Miller
7:21 p.m. CT: 4x400-meter relay (FINAL)

Kellen Coleman | Associate Director of Communications

 [/var/folders/pf/02zg9swd0fz7qy7f5nkl4mymsr0bxx/T/com.microsoft.Outlook/WebArchiveCopyPasteTempFiles/cidimage004.png at 01D50713.9CE40560] <http://baylorbears.com/>