No. 20 Baylor WT Blanks Abilene Christian, 7-0

Robarts, Kyle Kyle_Robarts at baylor.edu
Fri Jan 29 15:57:18 CST 2021

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – January 29, 2021

No. 20 Baylor WT Blanks Abilene Christian, 7-0
Bears pick up 4th sweep of the season
For more information contact: Kyle Robarts, 254-405-9492, Kyle_Robarts at baylor.edu<mailto:Kyle_Robarts at baylor.edu>

THE RUNDOWN

WACO, Texas – The No. 20-ranked Baylor women’s tennis team took a 7-0 win over Abilene Christian Friday at the Hurd Tennis Center. The shutout marks the fourth of the season for the Bears.

The Bears (5-1) and Wildcats (1-4) were competitive in doubles with Baylor needing seven points in each of the first two courts. Audrey Boch-Collins and Angelina Shakhraichuk along with Livia Kraus and Kristina Sorokolet defeated their counterparts 7-5. The win marked the 50th for Shakhraichuk’s career in doubles. Sara Ziodato and Jessica Hinojosa paired up for a 6-3 win.

In singles, Baylor’s No. 2 thru No. 6 courts took two-set victories while Hinojosa won in three sets on No. 1.

Baylor now leads the all-time series with Abilene Christian, 7-6-1.

HIGHLIGHTS
• Livia Kraus picked up her 65th career win in singles by defeating ACU’s Allison Stewart, 6-0, 6-1 in the No. 4 spot.
• Kristina Sorokolet won her 55th career match in singles on court No. 2 with a 6-4, 7-6 (7-4) win over Maryjoe Crisologo.
• Angelina Shakhraichuk picked up career win No. 50 in doubles at the No. 1 court with teammate Audrey Boch-Collins.

THEY SAID IT

Baylor head coach Joey Scrivano on Friday’s performance …
“I felt like we started a bit slow. The mental readiness wasn’t optimal today, but credit to our ladies. They fought back, they found their game and really bounced back nicely in doubles. ACU is tough, they make it competitive, and I was proud of the way we found a way.”

Baylor senior Jessica Hinojosa on Friday’s performance …
“It was a really good match from all the girls. We fought really hard and we practiced really hard this week, so we were happy to get through the match. We’ll be ready for Sunday vs. SMU.”

WHAT’S NEXT

Baylor stays home to take on SMU Sunday at 1 p.m. at the Hurd Tennis Center.

www.BaylorBears.com

Kyle Robarts | Associate Director, Athletics Communications (WBB, WTEN)

[cid:image001.png at 01D5070F.1E7C3CA0]<http://baylorbears.com/>