Baylor Track & Field Set for Texas Tech Invitational & Multis

Coleman, Kellen Kellen_Coleman at baylor.edu
Wed Jan 27 08:39:51 CST 2021

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – Jan. 27, 2021

Baylor Track & Field Set for Texas Tech Invitational & Multis
The Bears are ranked No. 12 (women’s) and No. 25 (men’s) in the initial USTFCCCA Ratings Index.

For more information contact: Kellen Coleman, 254-749-6507, Kellen_Coleman at baylor.edu<mailto:Kellen_Coleman at baylor.edu>

WACO, Texas – Baylor track & field will compete in its third meet in as many weeks as the Bears head to Lubbock, Texas, for the Texas Tech Invitational & Multis Friday and Saturday at the Sports Performance Center.

“As far as number of quality teams, this is going to be an outstanding meet,” head coach Todd Harbour said. “We’re really looking forward to continuing to build upon our success. Step-by-step, we’re trying to make ourselves a more competitive men’s and women’s team – conference-wise and nationals.”

Baylor enters the meet ranked No. 12 (women) and No. 25 (men) in the first USTFCCCA National Track & Field Rating Index of the season. The Bears will face off this weekend against eight total teams in the initial ratings. The field includes host Texas Tech (No. 6 men; No. 8 women), Kansas (No. 18 women), Oklahoma (No. 13 men; No. 20 women), Oklahoma State (No. 14 women), TCU, Air Force, Arizona, Arizona State, Texas A&M (No. 2 women; No. 11 men), Angelo State and Houston Baptist.

“That’s a good place right now for us,” Harbour said. “I think we’ll take more steps this weekend to improve on both of those. Hopefully, we’re in a position to continue to move forward. It’s a good starting point, but it’s not where we want to be at the end of the season. We’re going to hopefully continue to be better there and be better at conference.”

Baylor has six individuals and both 4x400-meter relay teams in the NCAA top 16, which is where you need to be at the end of the season to advance to the NCAA Indoor Championships in March.

“I think, Lord willing, we are going to take a big step this weekend,” Harbour said. “One of our biggest steps should be this weekend. We’re trying to elevate ourselves. We have some big events that we haven’t done yet that are going to open up this weekend. I think we will see some good marks.”

Live results from the Texas Tech Invitational & Multis will be available here<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpttiming.com%2Fevent.php%3Fmid%3D76%26pt%3Dschedule&data=04%7C01%7CKellen_Coleman%40baylor.edu%7Cc0da67bfbc9c4dc75b1708d8c15abcd0%7C22d2fb35256a459bbcf4dc23d42dc0a4%7C0%7C0%7C637471943451825273%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=%2FciSwUvM4goYdNDi9wu1gd4HIkgv2zzNhvHzN4MkgY8%3D&reserved=0>. The meet will be streamed live on Big 12 Now on ESPN+ (https://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=aa188b5a-6e6d-4348-aec5-85809b7317ac).

For continued updates on the Baylor Track & Field team, follow the team's social media accounts all season long: @BaylorTrack.

Baylor Individuals in NCAA Top 16
Men
4x400-Meter Relay
6. Dillon Bedell, Hasani Barr, Chris DuPree, Matthew Moorer – 3:08.87

Pole Vault
1. KC Lightfoot – 19-5.75 (5.94m)
14. Ben Conacher – 17-4.25 (5.29m)

Women
200 Meters
11. Arria Minor – 23.39

60-Meter Hurdles
2. Ackera Nugent – 8.08

4x400-Meter Relay
7. Arria Minor, Sydney Washington, Aaliyah Miller, Lily Williams – 3:35.94

Pole Vault
2. Tuesdi Tidwell – 14-5.5 (4.41m)
13. Alex Kubicek – 13-7.75 (4.16m)

Kellen Coleman | Associate Director of Communications

 [/var/folders/pf/02zg9swd0fz7qy7f5nkl4mymsr0bxx/T/com.microsoft.Outlook/WebArchiveCopyPasteTempFiles/cidimage004.png at 01D50713.9CE40560] <http://baylorbears.com/>