No. 23 Baylor WT Drops 4-0 Decision to No. 3 Texas

Robarts, Kyle Kyle_Robarts at baylor.edu
Sun Jan 24 16:55:11 CST 2021

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – January 24, 2021

No. 23 Baylor WT Drops 4-0 Decision to No. 3 Texas
Bears return home Friday to face Abilene Christian
For more information contact: Kyle Robarts, 254-405-9492, Kyle_Robarts at baylor.edu<mailto:Kyle_Robarts at baylor.edu>

THE RUNDOWN

AUSTIN, Texas – Audrey Boch-Collins and Angelina Shakhraichuk teamed up for a 6-1 win on the No. 3 doubles court to start No. 23 Baylor off on the right foot, but then No. 3-ranked Texas took over. The Longhorns advanced to the ITA Indoor National Championships with a 4-0 win over the Bears Sunday at the Texas Tennis Center.

As a pair, Boch-Collins and Shakhraichuk picked up their first win of the spring together, evening their record to 1-1 with a 6-1 win over Texas’ Peyton Stearns and Charlotte Chavatipon. With the Longhorns evening things up on court No. 2, Alicia Herrero Linana and Mel Krywoj battled but came up short 6-4 on the No. 1 court to Kylie Collins and Lulu Sun of Texas.

Texas (4-0) took two-set wins on courts No. 3, No. 4 and No. 6 to seal the match. Baylor’s (4-1) Livia Kraus was up in the second set after taking the first on court No. 5, and Krywoj and No. 66-ranked Stearns were in their third set after splitting the first two.

The Longhorns will advance to the ITA National Indoor Championships in Stillwater, Okla. beginning Feb. 5. Baylor defeated No. 20 Arizona State 4-2 Saturday to reach the Austin site title match.

HIGHLIGHTS
• Angelina Shakhaichuk and Audrey Boch-Collins evened their overall record to 3-3 and their dual-match record to 1-1 as a pair on the doubles court with a win on court No. 3 Sunday.
• Shakhraichuk is one doubles win away from 50 in her Baylor career.

THEY SAID IT

Baylor head coach Joey Scrivano on Sunday’s performance …
“I am proud of the gains we have made with this team. I like the trajectory we are on.  A lot of things needed to go right today, however, we got the data we needed from this match day to continue to develop and improve.”

WHAT’S NEXT

Baylor returns home to host Abilene Christian Friday at Noon at the Hawkins Indoor Tennis Center.

www.BaylorBears.com

Kyle Robarts | Associate Director, Athletics Communications (WBB, WTEN)

[cid:image001.png at 01D5070F.1E7C3CA0]<http://baylorbears.com/>