Baylor A&T: No. 1 A&T Begins Season with Win Over UMHB

Rhodes, Zach Zach_Rhodes at baylor.edu
Sat Feb 27 23:36:00 CST 2021

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – February 27, 2021

No. 1 A&T Begins Season with Win Over UMHB
The Bears outscored the Crusaders 274.020-253.420 on Saturday
Media Link: http://baylorbea.rs/3bJo98U
For more information contact: 919-247-7585, Zach_Rhodes at baylor.edu<mailto:Zach_Rhodes at baylor.edu>

WACO, Texas – The No. 1-ranked Bears started their season with a 274.020-253.240 victory over the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor on Saturday night in the Ferrell Center to extend their winning streak to 38-straight meets.

Baylor scored a 36.35 in the compulsory event to take an early lead, scoring a 7.700 in acro, 9.700 in pyramid, 9.950 in toss, and 9.000 in tumbling. After the acro event, the Bears kept their lead, scoring an element total of 29.350 points, consisting of a 9.900 in the fifth element, 9.950 in the sixth element, and a 9.500 in the seventh element.

In pyramid, Baylor kept their lead by outscoring UMHB 29.500 to 28.000. Baylor stayed on top with a total meet score of 95.200 to 87.250 leading into the half. The Bears pushed their lead in the toss event to 123.350 to 113.050, scoring a 9.150 in salto, 9.400 in synchronized, and 9.600 in the open toss.

Baylor dominated the tumbling event, scoring a total of 56.350. In open tumbling, the Bears scored a 9.900 out of a possible 10. The Bears put up a score of 94.320 in the team event to close out the win against the 90.140 UMHB score.

QUOTE FROM COACH MULKEY

“I am really proud of everybody that you saw out there tonight, especially those freshmen. We have some amazing competitors out there in our freshman class and I’m most excited about everybody’s competitive spirit.”

NEXT UP

The Bears head to Eugene, Ore., to take on the rival No. 2Oregon Ducks on Saturday, March 6 at 1 p.m. CT. Baylor will be back at the Ferrell Center on Saturday, March 27 at 5 p.m. CT to host Hawaii Pacific.

-BaylorBears.com-

Zach Rhodes | Associate Director of Athletics Communications
C: 919-247-7585 | O: 254-710-3784