Baylor Track & Field Splits to Lubbock, Ames

Coleman, Kellen Kellen_Coleman at baylor.edu
Thu Feb 11 13:18:53 CST 2021

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – February 11, 2021

Baylor Track & Field Splits to Lubbock, Ames
Distance crew will compete at the Iowa State Classic while the rest heads to the Texas Tech Shootout.

For more information contact: Kellen Coleman, 254-749-6507, Kellen_Coleman at baylor.edu<mailto:Kellen_Coleman at baylor.edu>

WACO, Texas – Baylor track & field will travel to both the Texas Tech Shootout and Iowa State Classic Friday and Saturday for the Bears’ final tune-ups before the Big 12 Championship meet in two weeks.

“We’re splitting up for the first time this year,” head coach Todd Harbour said. “We decided to send the crew to Iowa State to try to get something done in the middle and distances. It’s always a tough challenge to split up, but it’s something we felt like we needed to do to help us become a better team overall for conference in two weeks.  We have really solid groups going to both places.”

Coming into this weekend, the Baylor women’s team is ranked No. 12 in the USTFCCCA ratings index, while the men dropped out of the top 25 after the open weekend. The Bears currently have nine athletes in the top 16 of the NCAA indoor qualifying lists.

“We’ve had a good three meets up to this point,” Harbour said. “Now, we’re looking forward to one last tune-up before the Big 12 Championship and trying to get a few more qualified for the NCAA meet. We have some in good shape and a few on the bubble, so we’re always thinking about that at this meet. We don’t have another meet before Big 12s, so this is our last shot to try to sharpen up a little bit and see where we’re at.”

Running events at the Iowa State Classic begin at 4 p.m. CT on Friday and 12 p.m. CT on Saturday. Live results from Ames can be found at https://live.pttiming.com/?mid=2122. The Texas Tech Shootout kicks off at 3 p.m. CT on Friday and 11 a.m. CT on Saturday. Live results from Lubbock are located at https://pttiming.com/event.php?mid=77.

For continued updates on the Baylor Track & Field team, follow the team's social media accounts all season long: @BaylorTrack.

Kellen Coleman | Associate Director of Communications

 [/var/folders/pf/02zg9swd0fz7qy7f5nkl4mymsr0bxx/T/com.microsoft.Outlook/WebArchiveCopyPasteTempFiles/cidimage004.png at 01D50713.9CE40560] <http://baylorbears.com/>