No. 20 Baylor WT Wins Third Straight with 5-2 Victory over Texas A&M

Robarts, Kyle Kyle_Robarts at baylor.edu
Sun Feb 7 18:56:43 CST 2021

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – February 7, 2021

No. 20 Baylor WT Wins Third Straight with 5-2 Victory over Texas A&M
Krywoj/Herrero Linana team up for third win over ranked doubles appointment
For more information contact: Kyle Robarts, 254-405-9492, Kyle_Robarts at baylor.edu<mailto:Kyle_Robarts at baylor.edu>

THE RUNDOWN

COLLEGE STATION, Texas – Baylor won its third-straight match with a 5-2 win over Texas A&M at the Mitchell Tennis Center, Sunday. The No. 20-ranked Bears took the doubles point and picked up four wins on the singles court to improve to 7-1 on the season.

Mel Krywoj and Alicia Herrero Linana picked up their third win over a ranked doubles opponent on the No. 1 doubles court. The Baylor pair downed No. 39-ranked Tatian Makarova and Jayci Goldsmith, 6-2. The Bears’ tandem also has wins this season over a No. 50-ranked Arizona State and No. 52-ranked duo from SMU.

That win knotted doubles at one match apiece before Baylor’s Audrey Boch-Collins and Angelina Shakhraichuk beat the Aggies’ Riley McQuaid and Jessica Anzo, 6-3 on court No. 3 to give Baylor the doubles point.

Herrero Linana’s win on the No. 2 singles court over Katya Townsend, 6-3, 6-3 was the match-sealer for Baylor. The Bears picked up their first win over the Aggies since March 22, 2017.

HIGHLIGHTS
• Alicia Herrero Linana and Mel Krywoj picked up their third win over a ranked doubles opponent this season on the No. 1 court. The pair improved to 5-1 this spring at No. 1 doubles.
• Livia Kraus and Herrero Linana remained undefeated in singles play this spring with their sixth and fourth wins, respectively.

THEY SAID IT

Baylor head coach Joey Scrivano on Sunday’s performance …
“I’m proud of the way we prepared and competed in this match. Our focus is shifting to what’s really important, like training with intensity and focus. Historically, our greatest teams have focused on practice and creating better habits, not just giving their best on match day. If we can continue to do what’s necessary in every training session, with the right preparation, this team can accomplish some amazing things.”

WHAT’S NEXT

Baylor hosts North Texas Friday at Noon at the Hurd Tennis Center.

www.BaylorBears.com

Kyle Robarts | Associate Director, Athletics Communications (WBB, WTEN)

[cid:image001.png at 01D6FD82.F99D74F0]<http://baylorbears.com/>