Baylor Track and Field Signs Two More to the Fall 2021 Signing Class

Pirtle, Colin Colin_Pirtle1 at baylor.edu
Mon Dec 20 11:28:19 CST 2021

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – December 20, 2021

Baylor T&F Signs Two More to the Fall 2021 Signing Class
For more information contact: Colin Pirtle, 940-564-0351, Colin_Pirtle1 at baylor.edu<mailto:Colin_Pirtle1 at baylor.edu>

WACO, Texas – Baylor Track and Field signed Aren Spencer and Victoria Adu to the fall 2021 signing class, head coach Michael Ford announced Monday.

“I am super excited to have Aren and Vicki joining our Track and Field Family,” said Ford. “They both add depth in our jumps and throws areas. Coach (Stacey) Smith and Coach (Jeff) Chakouian did a great job to add quality student-athletes to our team on and off the track. They both have the potential to help us at the conference and national level.”

Spencer comes to Waco and the Bears from Harrison College in Christ Church, Barbados. He competed on the Barbados national team and currently holds the meet record at the Barbados National Championships with an under-18 triple jump result of 14.21m (46 feet, 6 inches), set in 2019.

In the 2021 edition of the Barbados National Championships, he finished second in the men’s 400m. He also competed in the NSAF National Outdoor Championships in July, where he finished third in the boys’ triple jump.

“Aren is a special young man,” said Smith. “He will bring more depth to the men’s team, especially in the jumps. We are looking forward to him making an immediate impact to the team and are so excited for Aren to join our Baylor family!”

Adu, from Berlin, Germany, makes the move to Texas after her freshman season with the Iowa Central Tritons, a junior college in Fort Dodge, Iowa.

She is the reigning national champion for both hammer and weight throw at the NJCAA National Outdoor and Indoor Championships, missing the NJCAA record by only 5.1 inches in the hammer throw. She also finished first in the college women’s hammer throw competition at the 2021 Drake Relays.

“I am so excited for Vicki to join the Baylor family,” said Chakouian. “It was apparent during her visit that she fit right in with the team. She really bonded well with the throwers, and I’m looking forward to having her train with the group. She is very talented and competes well in big meets, but she is an all-star person as well. It’s a great time to be a Baylor Bear, and we are lucky to have her.”

For the latest news on the Baylor track and field team all season long, follow their official Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts: @BaylorTrack.

Colin Pirtle | Communications Intern (Interim-T&F/XC)