Baylor Track Inks Two More to the Fall 2021 Signing Class

Pirtle, Colin Colin_Pirtle1 at baylor.edu
Mon Dec 6 14:50:49 CST 2021

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – December 6, 2021

Baylor Track Inks Two More to the Fall 2021 Signing Class
For more information contact: Colin Pirtle, 940-564-0351, Colin_Pirtle1 at Baylor.edu<mailto:Colin_Pirtle1 at Baylor.edu>

WACO, Texas – Baylor Track & Field added Simone Ballard and Gary Moore to the fall 2021 recruiting class, head coach Michael Ford announced on Monday.

“I am super excited to have Simone joining our sprint/hurdle group. Looking forward to coaching her and side of Coach (Benjamin) Dalton,” Ford said.

Ballard will be coming to Waco from Houston, Texas, and Mayde Creek High School.

She competed in the USA Track and Field National Youth Outdoor Championships this summer, where she finished second in the women’s 17-18 100m hurdles. She also finished second in the same event at the AAU National Junior Olympic Games in August.

Moore will be making the move to Texas from New Haven, Connecticut, and Hillhouse High School.

“Gary is going to be a great addition to our program,” said assistant coach Jeff Chakouian. “His athletic ability is off-the-charts, but what I’m really impressed with is his character. I really enjoyed the recruiting process and getting to know him and his family. He is a great fit for Baylor. We are lucky to have him.”

He threw a 19.21m (63 feet, 1 inch) personal best in shot put at the Armory Metro Eagles Invitational just over a week ago in New York. Moore also smashed a meet record at the Connecticut State Open with a 188-07 throw in discuss. The previous record stood since 1969. He was seven inches shy of breaking the state record of 189-02, set in the same year.

“Gary will be a great addition to our young throwers,” said Ford. “I love the fact he has great range, he has had success in all the throwing events. Looking forward to seeing his development under Coach Chakouian.”

For the latest news on the Baylor track and field team all season long, follow their official Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts: @BaylorTrack.

Colin Pirtle | Communications Intern (Interim-T&F/XC)