Baylor Volleyball Holds Successful Green & Gold Scrimmage

Calderone, Max Max_Calderone at baylor.edu
Fri Sep 18 19:50:12 CDT 2020

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – September 18, 2020

VB Holds Successful Green & Gold Scrimmage
Gold defeats Green 2-1

WACO, Texas – One week ahead of its opening match, Baylor volleyball held its annual Green & Gold Scrimmage Friday at the Ferrell Center. Team Gold outlasted Team Green in three sets, 25-17, 25-23, 17-25.

Newcomers Lauren Harrison, Andressa Parise, Cassie Davis and Giselle Vogel all saw playing time amongst a wealth of returners.

“It’s really exciting to finally get to play in a Baylor uniform and to play with my teammates who have been working really hard in the gym,” Harrison said. “To finally come out and have the fans watch was really fun.”

The scrimmage comes prior to the team’s season opener at Kansas on Sept. 25.

“I’m really pleased to know that our defense is ahead of our offense. Our offense will come, because that takes timing and rhythm,” head coach Ryan McGuyre said. “But we’ve got a lot of weapons on offense that we’re working around. Thankful in this COVID year that we have some good depth.”

Both teams combined for seven aces and 15 blocks.

WHAT’S NEXT
The Bears will take the court at Kansas to open the regular season on Sept. 25. The home opener is set for Oct. 2 against TCU.

Max Calderone | Associate Director of Athletics Communications (VB, MTEN, EQ)
O: TBD | C: 254-265-1639

[cid:image001.png at 01D68DF4.EB99CC30]<http://baylorbears.com/>