Baylor Cross Country Set For Big 12 Championships

Coleman, Kellen Kellen_Coleman at baylor.edu
Wed Oct 28 20:09:53 CDT 2020

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – Oct. 28, 2020

Baylor Cross Country Set For Big 12 Championships
Women’s 6K will begin Friday at 10 a.m. CT followed by the men’s 8K at 11 a.m.

For more information contact: Kellen Coleman, 254-749-6507, Kellen_Coleman at baylor.edu<mailto:Kellen_Coleman at baylor.edu>

WACO, Texas – Baylor cross country will close the fall 2020 campaign with the Big 12 Cross Country Championships Friday at Rim Rock Farm in Lawrence, Kan.

“Any time you get to compete with our conference, it’s exciting,” associate head coach Jon Capron said. “We’re excited to get the opportunity to race. We’re excited to get on the Rim Rock course, which is great. Racing is exciting, because it’s not promised in this season. Any time we get to travel and put ourselves up against our conference, we’re excited to do it. We’re as excited as ever and as prepared as ever.”

The women’s 6K will kick things off at 10 a.m. CT, with the men’s 8K following at 11 a.m.

The Baylor women’s team will consist of Lily Jacobs, Celia Holmes, Sarah Antrich, Mazie Larsen, Sadie Hamrin, Kendall Mansukhani, Anna Garner, Lauren Ammons, Chloe Gangnath and Madelaine Johnston.

On the men’s side, the Bears will be taking on three USTFCCCA top-30 teams with a squad of Connor Laktasic, Cal Johnston, Jeremy Meadows, Philip Roxas, Zach Zawatski, Jackson Mazzei and Carson Yarbrough.

“On the ladies’ side, there are some really good teams up top,” Capron said. “We’re going to be fighting for that 5-6 slot. The guys’ side is going to be some tough sledding. We’ve got some that won’t be available this weekend and that’s going to make it tough. There are still some teams we can stay ahead of.”

Friday’s meet will be televised on delay via Big 12 Now on ESPN+, and live results will be provided by PrimeTime Timing<https://live.pttiming.com/XC-PTT.html?mid=2065>.

For updates on Baylor cross country throughout the season, follow @BaylorTrack on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

Kellen Coleman | Associate Director of Communications

 [/var/folders/pf/02zg9swd0fz7qy7f5nkl4mymsr0bxx/T/com.microsoft.Outlook/WebArchiveCopyPasteTempFiles/cidimage004.png at 01D50713.9CE40560] <http://baylorbears.com/>