Baylor Equestrian Ranked No. 9 in NCEA Preseason Rankings

Calderone, Max Max_Calderone at baylor.edu
Wed Oct 14 14:12:46 CDT 2020

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – October 14, 2020

EQ Ranked No. 9 in NCEA Preseason Rankings
Senior All-American Rachael Davis highlights experienced lineup of returners

WACO, Texas – Baylor equestrian has been selected as the preseason No. 9 team in the country by the National Collegiate Equestrian Association, as announced Wednesday afternoon.

The Bears return an experienced lineup which includes 2019-20 NCEA All-Americans Rachael Davis (Flat, First Team) and Maddie Vorhies (Fences, Honorable Mention). One year removed from a Big 12 regular season and conference tournament title, BU finished fourth in the league last season, going 5-8 and 2-4 in conference play.

“We’re looking forward to getting back into the competition arena,” head coach Casie Maxwell said. “We have a great mix of veteran and freshman talent, and we are very excited to see how they perform together.”

Due to COVID-19 modifications, Baylor will compete in spring of 2021 only with the season-opener tentatively set for January 30. Nine freshmen will combine with 54 returners to make up the Bears’ 63-rider roster.

“Last spring, we felt like our team was getting better each meet and we were excited to see how that would translate to the postseason,” Maxwell said. “Since our season was cut short, we’ve adjusted our focus to prepare as best we can to attack the spring 2021 schedule.”

To stay up to date throughout the season on all things Baylor equestrian, follow the team on Facebook (Baylor Equestrian), Twitter (@BaylorEQ) and Instagram (@BaylorEquestrian).

2020-21 NCEA Preseason Rankings

1. Auburn
2. Oklahoma State
3. South Carolina
4. Georgia
5. SMU
6. Fresno State
7. Texas A&M
8. TCU
9. Baylor
10. UC Davis

Max Calderone | Associate Director of Athletics Communications (VB, MTEN, EQ)
O: TBD | C: 254-265-1639

[cid:image001.png at 01D6A234.16638BB0]<http://baylorbears.com/>