Baylor Athletics Announces Ticketing Plan for 2020 Football Season

Kaye, David David_Kaye at baylor.edu
Wed Aug 12 15:13:29 CDT 2020

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – August 12, 2020

Baylor Athletics Announces Ticketing Plan for 2020 Football Season
Dynamic single-game ticket model introduced
For more information contact: David Kaye, 254-709-5147, David_Kaye at baylor.edu<mailto:David_Kaye at baylor.edu>

WACO, Texas – Baylor University Vice President and Director of Athletics, Mack B. Rhoades, IV announced today the athletic department’s adjusted ticketing structure for the 2020 home football season. The plan centers on a dynamic single-game ticket model for non-premium seat holders with multiple options for those who have purchased season tickets, including the deferral of season tickets to the 2021 season. Rhoades also introduced the Re-United Relief Initiative, which encourages philanthropic support to help minimize the financial challenges Baylor Athletics will continue to face in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.

“Now, more than ever, we ask for your philanthropic support through the Baylor Bear Foundation,” Rhoades said. “The athletic department is expecting an approximate 20% revenue decline this year, which impacts our ability to serve more than 500 current Baylor student-athletes. We invite the Baylor Family – as they are able – to join us as we continue to carry out our vision of Preparing Champions for Life. In addition, we remain intensely focused on the safety and well-being of the Baylor community, including our student-athletes, coaches, staff, student body and loyal fans. In coordination with our event management team, health and wellness experts, University leadership, and the Big 12 Conference, NCAA, and government officials, we will continue to follow protocol and guidelines to safely play sports this fall.”

Baylor Athletics will begin the season with 25% capacity per game at McLane Stadium. As the season progresses, should an increase in capacity be permitted, we will expand single game ticket opportunities for our fans.

Due to a large reduction in ticket inventory, Baylor Athletics will defer season tickets to the 2021 campaign. McLane Stadium has been re-manifested to support social distancing, and priority single-game tickets will be sold to season ticket holders, first. Bear Foundation priority ranking will determine order for ticket selection and a maximum ticket amount of six (6) tickets per account, per game, will be implemented in the general stadium bowl.

Premium area ticket holders, including those in Suites and Loge seating, will retain season ticket status and will not be subject to priority single-game ticket selection.  Capacity in premium seating areas will reflect social distancing recommendations, as set forth by health and safety officials.

For the 2020 season, all ticket and parking delivery will transition into mobile-only passes.

  *   All 2020 game tickets will be delivered as mobile-only tickets. Attendees may upload tickets into their Apple or Android wallet, and will include the option of transferring tickets directly from the app. An extensive how-to guide and informational website is available at www.baylorbears.com/mobiletickets<http://www.baylorbears.com/mobiletickets>.
  *   All season parking passes for the general seating bowl (excluding Suite and Loge) have been eliminated. Parking will be distributed via mobile-only passes on a single-game basis. Bear Foundation priority will be used to allocate parking location and passes will be limited to one (1) pass per five (5) tickets, per game.

Baylor Athletics continues to evaluate the holistic game-day experience to ensure the safest environment for each attendee. Safety requirements include required face coverings, self-health assessments, and more. FAQs surrounding the 2020 football season can be found here<https://baylorbears.com/sports/2020/8/3/football-update-and-ticket-resolutions.aspx>.

For immediate ticket and/or parking questions, please contact the Baylor Bear Foundation at 254-710-2582 or Bear_Foundation at baylor.edu. Please note, the Bear Foundation is currently serving its members remotely by utilizing a call forwarding assistance program. If your call is not immediately answered, please leave a detailed message and a dedicated staff member will return your call as quickly as possible.

Details about how McLane Stadium capacity and schedule adjustments will affect other University activities, such as the Baylor Line and student ticketing, will be outlined in the coming weeks. Plans for a virtual-only Baylor Family Weekend remain unchanged. Homecoming activities will be modified to honor this historic tradition with the most robust experience possible, while being mindful of the safety and health of the Baylor Family and of our community. More details regarding Homecoming will be announced in the weeks ahead.

David Kaye | Assistant AD for Communications