Baylor Track & Field Records Five More All-Big 12 Honors on Day Two

Coleman, Kellen Kellen_Coleman at baylor.edu
Sat May 11 23:18:35 CDT 2019

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – May 11, 2019

Baylor Track & Field Records Five More All-Big 12 Honors on Day Two
Twelve Bears advanced to event finals.

For more information contact: Kellen Coleman, 254-749-6507, Kellen_Coleman at baylor.edu<mailto:Kellen_Coleman at baylor.edu>

*FRIDAY/SATURDAY RESULTS ATTACHED*

NORMAN, Okla. - Five Bears earned All-Big 12, and 12 Baylor student-athletes advanced to finals to highlight day two of the 2019 Big 12 Track & Field Championships at John Jacobs Track & Field Complex.

“Overall, we had some clearly outstanding performances,” head coach Todd Harbour said. “We had some near-misses, and we had some that just didn’t get it done today. We had a lot of good ones, and got some people qualified. We had some athletes that stepped up today.”

Cole Hardan placed fourth in the shot put to earn his second all-conference honor in as many days. The freshman from Valley Center, Calif., recorded a throw of 58-05.25 (17.81m).

“Cole, in the shot put and hammer, it was a big weekend for him,” Harbour said. “He’s a redshirt freshman, so to step up to primetime I thought was huge for him.”

Tuesdi Tidwell jumped 13-08.25 (4.17m) to take fourth in the pole vault and take home her second consecutive all-conference honor.

“Tuesdi battled hard in a tough pole vault competition,” Harbour said. “I’m very proud of her.”

Alex Madlock and Jalen Seals made it an All-Big 12 double in the long jump with seventh and eighth place finishes in their respective events. Madlock recorded a jump of 19-08.75 (6.01m), while Seals jumped 24-06.25 (7.47m).

“The jumpers did well, Alex and Jalen,” Harbour said. “Neither of them were ranked, and Alex jumping out of the second flight - she had to really step up today and she did. That’s just Alex, that’s what she’s doing. Hopefully it will be a big day for her tomorrow in the triple jump.”

In just his second-ever time to run the 3,000-meter steeplechase, TJ Sugg earned All-Big 12 with a time of 9:18.68 to finish eighth.

“It was a big-time performance for TJ,” Harbour said. “I’m really proud of him. He wasn’t even seeded, and he stepped up big.”

Wil London coasted to his 400-meter heat victory in 46.32, tied for the best time of the prelims, to earn his spot in Sunday’s finals. Matthew Moorer and Trey Fields will join London in the 400-meter finals after posting times of 46.61 and 47.03, respectively.

In the 400-meter hurdles, Jayson Baldridge (51.57) and Antwuan Musgrove (51.86) will both move on to Sunday’s finals.

Aaliyah Miller had another strong performance, taking a spot in the finals of the 800 meters with a time of 2:07.82, the third-best time of the prelims.

Maxwell Willis won his heat in the 200 meters, rolling to a time of 21.00 to earn a spot in the finals.

Sarah Yocum also recorded a heat victory with an impressive 59.82 for an automatic spot in the finals of the 400-meter hurdles.

In the women’s 400 meters, Kiana Horton won her heat in 53.48 to advance to Sunday’s finals.

Isaiah Cunningham (100 meters), Sydney Washington (100 meters) and Kennedy Bailey (100-meter hurdles) will also be in finals on Sunday after running 10.53, 11.74 and 13.90, respectively, in the prelims.