[Afamilyatwar-list] Episode 10: Missing Content

Brian Renforth renforthb at live.co.uk
Fri Mar 30 04:18:16 CDT 2018

I wonder what Acorn were playing at with these needless edits? Trying to "speed up" the action in the thought of making it more suitable for a modern audience?  I understand one Season 2 episode runs for just over 40 minutes. That's at least 10 minutes cut out!

Did Acorn get authorization to make these edits or did they make cuts unilaterally believing the average viewer wouldn't miss anything? Perhaps we'll never know.

It must be said Acorn weren't alone in doing this at the time.

Thank goodness they're firms like Network who take care to present programmes as they were originally made.  The BBC too with their DVD releases in recent years.

Brian
Sent from my Windows Phone