[ACET_LIST] ACET 2018 Registration is OPEN!

Fry, Cindy Cindy_Fry at baylor.edu
Tue Sep 4 18:24:14 CDT 2018

[cid:image001.png at 01D4447C.7AE97260]

Greetings:

Registration for ACET 2018 is now open (https://acet.ecs.baylor.edu/2018Conference/registration.php)!  The conference is scheduled for Friday-Saturday, October 19-20, 2018, at Baylor University in Waco, Texas.  The theme for this year’s conference is “Computer Science Education for ALL”.

We have a pre-conference workshop (Thursday, October 18, 2018), presentations in both the “Academic Track” and the “K-12 Education Track”, a keynote address on “Cybersecurity Program Opportunities”, a student poster session, and more (see:  https://acet.ecs.baylor.edu/2018Conference/sessions.html).  Registration includes breakfast and lunch on both October 19th and 20th.

Accommodations, Restaurants, Shops:
The Waco Heart of Texas Convention & Visitors Bureau<https://wacoheartoftexas.com/> has recommendations on what to do and where to stay while you are visiting Waco, and a map<https://wacoheartoftexas.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Waco-TX-Central-8-16-18.pdf> showing the proximity of many popular restaurants, shops, and hotels that are close to Baylor.

At the ACET Conference:
For those registering, we will have additional parking instructions and wifi credentials, along with your conference booklet at the registration desk.

Getting Involved:
The Objectives of ACET, in general, can be found here<https://acet.ecs.baylor.edu/index.html>.  For this conference, in particular, we would like to strengthen the relationship between K-12 education and higher education institutions.  To that end, please forward this to your colleagues in your area.  With our dual tracks, we hope to not only discuss industrial and curricular challenges, but also do all that we can to encourage K-12 teachers and students to join us, because Computer Science Education is for ALL!

Best wishes,
ACET 2018 Program Committee